prosím pomoc computor problémy

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Animal, Dec 8, 2007.

1. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

Dear Friends,
    My computor freezes up, it is about 4-5 years old, it has Windows XP installed. While browsing the internet it will freeze up. I get a message that says ((computor not responding)). Then sometimes it will open up a message sighn asking ((Do you want to terminate the program?)) I will then click (yes).

Then you know what happens next, you will be brousing the internet and it will freez up again.

Somtimes you have to hit the ctrl,alt,delete buttons to get the Windows Task Mananager window to open up, at that time you can ((end the program))

This will get on your nervs in a hurry. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Does anyone have any good ideas :?: :?:

2. meluzina

meluzina Well-Known Member

when is the last time you ran a defrag of your hard disk???

also:

might be worth cleaning up some unused files (prior to the defrag)

cleaning up your registries... http://www.mispbo.com/registrycleaner.htm - take a look at this - if you do run it - be sure to run the registry backup first

a spyware program might not be a bad idea if you are not using one already - i use this one http://www.spywareterminator.com/

3. meluzina

just an additional comment: i use the spyware terminator in addition to avast anti-virus - not as a replacement

recently helped a friend clean up his computer using a combination of the two.... and it did help

4. The Animal

As I was replying the computor froze again. Let see if I can remember everything again.

Dear meluzina,
    Dekuji mockrát for the info. :D I defraged the computor just recently. I also use McAfee anti virus program.

Please explain the part about (( if you do run it - be sure to run the registry backup first )) What exactly does this do, also how do you back up your registry?

I know diesel engine electronics, but these PC´s are a whole different ball game. :roll: :roll:

I will ckeck out the links that you supplied :wink:

5. meluzina

defragging the registires basically cleans them up - the software provides the option to backup first - i've never had to restore mine - but better safe than sorry...

i'm no pc expert either - 13 years of mainframe programming in a previous lifetime - but same sort of principles apply....

and like i mentioned - the spyware did help my friend - and it helped me clean up all the junk i somehow managed to collect over the internet

6. The Animal

Dear meluzina,

I did what you said to do, no problems as of now, so far so good. :D :D
    Dekuji mockrát Jody :wink:

7. The Animal

8. meluzina

happy to have been of help zvířatko :)

9. The Animal

Dear meluzina,
    The computor started acting up again, come to find out the router was bad. The new router works dobrě ne problem.