companions wanted-bicycle touring through central europe

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by Jennifer, May 13, 2005.

1. Jennifer

Jennifer New Member

I am interested in bicycle touring from starting in Prague to Krakow down through eastern slovakia into Hungary up the border of hungary/Austria to Vienna. I am flexible on this route as it is a general itinerary. I am interested in camping and occasionally staying in pensions. I like to do around 50-60 miles a day with a rest day 1 day a week but am flexible on this. Start date is flexible from beginning of july to mid august. Love biking and meeting new people, seeing castles and learning about new cultures, food, wine and beer. If interested in talking further about plans. Let me know!
    jennifer

2. Funnies

Funnies New Member

Hi Jennifer, I am also planning a bike tour around that time - early/mid June to end July (using train if I need to make up some boring ground quickly). I'd start Slovakia or nearby and go through Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland and the Baltics for around 6 weeks so we might overlap for a bit if you are interested. I am a 24 year old Aussie, I'm pretty easy going about the trip but I'll be coming from the south and flying out of St Petersburg so working my way north. I'm also interested in sight seeing, meeting people and a few drinks. Cheers, Lisa