Looking for job in Brno

Discussion in 'Jobs Wanted' started by Aussie Dave, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Aussie Dave

Aussie Dave Member

I have been searching the job pages and all english speaking mgr jobs seem to be in Praha or Bratislava. Any help finding the right company in Brno is appreaciated. Will be there from 5th Feb.

I was a Mktg/Product manager in FMCG & Pharmaceuticals in Australia, and am looking for a Mktg/sales/event mgt job.

Any tips or contacts would be great.

Cheers,

David

2. durk

durk Well-Known Member

Are you coming here without having a job before?? Isn't it a bit risky.

3. Aussie Dave

Aussie Dave Member

Hi Durk,

Thanks for the reply. Truth be told it is very scary coming to Brno without Czech language, or a job secured.
    My wife has scholarships to study at Maseryk University, hence the Brno location. The country is great, and living away from your wife is not a good policy. I have a fair safety net and UK passport for travel & work, however I will go mad not working.

The people I have found friendly and fun, and am hoping for a good time in Brno. There are plenty of jobs in Brat or Prague, but I would prefer staying in Brno for 07.

Hope it wont be too hard and the risk pays off when I get there.
    :?
    Cheers Dave

4. durk

durk Well-Known Member

Well, right now in Brno, most jobs opened to foreigners are in the IT field, meaning technical. I am well aware most jobs are in Prague. But anyway, I hope you will suceed. Without the Czech language, I think working in the sales/marketing area for the local market is nearly impossible.

Where do you search? Which contacts have you had?

5. alenastef

alenastef Well-Known Member

Anyway, Dave, it is not so far from Bratislava to Brno. You could even work there and live in Brno. Maybe you are used to Australian distances, but here in two hours you can get there.

6. durk

durk Well-Known Member

Yes, you could work somewhere else and live in Brno in the Week End and during holidays, or even everyday (but driving too much is bad for the planet).