Czech cartoon "Rákosníček"

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Karel_lerak, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

I hope it may be useful for somebody to hear the cartoon Jak Rákosníček nezaonačil mlhu and have the written text available:

Za mlhou hustou tak, že by se dala krájet, je rybníček Brčálník. Na první pohled je docela obyčejný, ale už na ten druhý nám Rákosníček předvede obdivuhodné věci.
    To jsem tedy zvědav, to jsem moc zvědav, co prorokují o počasí.
    Dobrý den, dnes, zítra a v příštích dnech bude nad územím Brčálníku jasno, až průzračno, takže bude na hony vidět.
    Ó, to se mi líbí, ano, ano, bude jasno, budou hony, to se mi líbí.
    Ale, to se mi právě nehodí. V jasnu a průzračnu mě přece trefí i sváteční střelec. Já potřebuju mlhu.
    No jó, to jó, to je pravda, tady jde o život, ba co dím, přímo o kachní kejhák
    A nešlo by alespoň takových pár mlhových pentlí kvůli, s prominutím, támhleté kachně?
    Velice lituji. Ale ani cancourek. Leda, leda že by po dešti přišla tichá noc a byla bez větru. Jináč se mlha neudělá.
    Che, che, che, řečičky, tak já, zase já, abych dělal mlhu sám. No.
    Vy jste prosím obdivuhodný, obddivuhodný.
    No tak tedy, na první pokus to tedy nebyla teda nejhorší mlha, leč, příště, příště zadělám na hustší.
    Račte si, vážení, povšimnout tohoto epochálního vynálezu, který jsem náhodou vynalezl.
    No ale mlha to pořád ještě není.
    Protože to je to to polotovar, to chce ještě vyladit (?).
    Tak tohle na mlhu taky nevypadá, to je, to je nějaké nedopatření. Prosím vás, vážená meteoroložko, jakpak jste to říkala, když jste, to, předpovídala?
    Po dešti, tichá noc, bez větru.
    No tak, tak to teda, bohužel, nedovedu.
    Hleďme, hleďme, déšť by byl. A copak na to naše rosnička?
    Na našem území v brázdě nižšího tlaku vznikl náhle silný déšť. Ježto je klidno a bezvětrno, očekáváme silné mlhy
    Sláva ti, sláva, moudrý Rákosníčku. Teď už se nemusím bát, že mě nějaký nimrod picne. Ó díky, díky.
    Ale to, to já přece ne, to příroda. A na tu, prosím, nestačí se svými vynálezy, hm, ani Rákosníček.
    8)

2. Ani

Ani Well-Known Member

How very nice of you to do this Karle :) I had a free half hour at work this morning before everyone else arrived and I had great fun watching and reading:) Thanks again!

3. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Wonderful, Thank you very much. :)

4. vturchi

vturchi Well-Known Member

dekuji moc Karle: very interesting for learning

5. Eleshar

Eleshar Well-Known Member

Perhaps it might be good to make a separate section with links to Czech youtube videos and corresponding transcriptions? And not so difficult I think...

6. vturchi

I think it would be very very useful martin....

7. eso

eso Well-Known Member

What about Multimedia section - for links to videos, photos, sounds etc..

8. Eleshar

Sounds great. I do not know what already is on the site (outside the Forum), so probably it could be added there, but if it were a pert of the forum, anyone could add any materials he found.

9. dzurisova

Excellent idea Eleshar :idea: :)

10. Eleshar

OK, my proposition is, that there could be a section in Czech language subforum (along with General Language, Grammar and Pronunciation, etc.) named perhaps Multimedia or Multimedia Exercises.

The best solution seems to be that every topic would have in its first post (as the first post of this topic) the link for appropriate file (most probably some video on youtube or perhaps a file on rapidshare for direct download), little comment in English about its genre, story and things and a transcription of spoken word in Czech language. Additional linguistic info and a screenshot would be optional.

Other posts could serve for discussion and help for the learners.

The best would be probably some shorter videos (as this one; or longer videos cut apart) because anything larger is not very user friendly for some lower connection speed and also difficult to transcribe and catch.

Also a little disclaimer on the top of the section about legal issues might be welcome (I do not think that problems with OSA are the thing this forum lusts for).

Concerning the files, of course it should not be limited to videos, anything useful would be welcome (but still, videos from youtube seem to be the most accessible) as far as it is relevant for those who learn the language (i.e. songs, reciting,...). The intelectual level of the files is not the goal, I think even stupid farces may help to learn. Moreover, the things for little children (as this one) have the essential advantage they are in slow, easy and well-articulted language.

Every topic should also have a proper name. Probably composed of the name of the video, song,... etc, the media format (video, song,...) and perhaps the level of difficulty. Additional info (warning about excessive black humour, overwhelming stupidity and such...) would be in the first post.

So, what do you think about it? Any supplemental idea? Is it even possible?

11. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Hope it can get done - I would really like to see something like that - what a great learning resource it would be.

12. dzurisova

For example, a czech translation of Sesame Street airs in CR. But it is not online as far as I can tell. Perhaps someone knows of some short clips of it or something like it online somewhere. Sesame Street does a great job of teaching children. I'm sure it could teach me as well. :wink: :)

13. Karel_lerak

I have a bit uderestimated the job at the beginning. It took slightly more than one hour of hard working as I tried to be as precise as I could 8) I am glad that it has found such response. 8)

14. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

We have set up a new Multimedia forum and this thread is now moved to that forum.

Dana

15. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

These are all great ideas.

....Eleshar wrote
    Also a little disclaimer on the top of the section about legal issues might be welcome (I do not think that problems with OSA are the thing this forum lusts for)....

Maybe 'longs for' is the better choice here. 'Lust for' carries....well....certain conotations..

I like the new section.

16. vturchi

I'm discouraged....for me it isn't so simple!! :cry: but I'll do my best to improve moje cestinu! :D

17. scrimshaw

Karel sent this cartoon a while back ..So I tried english translation

Jak Rákosníček nezaonačil mlhu..How Little Tree Frog didn't conjure up the fog.

Za mlhou hustou tak, že by se dala krájet, je rybníček Brčálník. Na první pohled je docela obyčejný, ale už na ten druhý nám Rákosníček předvede obdivuhodné věci.
    To jsem tedy zvědav, to jsem moc zvědav, co prorokují o počasí.
    Dobrý den, dnes, zítra a v příštích dnech bude nad územím Brčálníku jasno, až průzračno, takže bude na hony vidět.
    Ó, to se mi líbí, ano, ano, bude jasno, budou hony, to se mi líbí.
    Ale, to se mi právě nehodí. V jasnu a průzračnu mě přece trefí i sváteční střelec. Já potřebuju mlhu.
    No jó, to jó, to je pravda, tady jde o život, ba co dím, přímo o kachní kejhák
    A nešlo by alespoň takových pár mlhových pentlí kvůli, s prominutím, támhleté kachně?
    Velice lituji. Ale ani cancourek. Leda, leda že by po dešti přišla tichá noc a byla bez větru. Jináč se mlha neudělá.
    Che, che, che, řečičky, tak já, zase já, abych dělal mlhu sám. No.
    Vy jste prosím obdivuhodný, obddivuhodný.
    No tak tedy, na první pokus to tedy nebyla teda nejhorší mlha, leč, příště, příště zadělám na hustší.
    Račte si, vážení, povšimnout tohoto epochálního vynálezu, který jsem náhodou vynalezl.
    No ale mlha to pořád ještě není.
    Protože to je to to polotovar, to chce ještě vyladit (?).
    Tak tohle na mlhu taky nevypadá, to je, to je nějaké nedopatření. Prosím vás, vážená meteoroložko, jakpak jste to říkala, když jste, to, předpovídala?
    Po dešti, tichá noc, bez větru.
    No tak, tak to teda, bohužel, nedovedu.
    Hleďme, hleďme, déšť by byl. A copak na to naše rosnička?
    Na našem území v brázdě nižšího tlaku vznikl náhle silný déšť. Ježto je klidno a bezvětrno, očekáváme silné mlhy
    Sláva ti, sláva, moudrý Rákosníčku. Teď už se nemusím bát, že mě nějaký nimrod picne. Ó díky, díky.
    Ale to, to já přece ne, to příroda. A na tu, prosím, nestačí se svými vynálezy, hm, ani Rákosníček.

Pokus o předklad
    Behind the thick fog so, if we go in a little bit, is a lillie pad. At first glance it is quite ordinary, but on second look Rakošníček shows to us wonderful things.
    ´I am curious, very curious, what is predicted for the weather.´
    ´Hello, today, tomorrow, and on the next days it will be over the land of Brčálník bright to clear, so it will be for hunting visibility.
    ´O, I like that, yes, yes, it will be clear, there will be hunting, I like it.´
    ´But, that really doesn´t suit me. On clear and bright (days) he will hit me even an occasional hunter.´
    ´Well, yes, that is true, thatś a matter of life. ..?....., great for duck .....´
    ´And there won´t be at least some few foggy bands for, with apologies, this here duck?´
    ´I´m very sorry. But not even a little bit. Unless, unless, after a rain there would come a calm night, and it would be without wind. Otherwise it will not make fog.´
    ´Ok, ok, ok, chatter, so, I, again, I, will make fog myself.´
    ´You are wonderful, wonderful.´
    ´Well so then, on his first try, it wasn´t the worst fog, pitfall, next time, next time I will make it thicker.
    ´Pray, seriously, see this really great invention, that I by accident invented.
    Well, but itś still not fog.
    Because it is uhm, half=made, I want to fine tune it.´
    So this doesn´t look much like fog, it is, it is a ???. Please, dear meteorologist, So how did yo say it, when you iwere predicting?´
    ´After rain, calm night, without wind.´
    ´Well, so, so that then, unfortunately, I don´t know how.´
    ˇLook, look, there was rain. And what with our little tree frog?.´
    On our land in a pocket of low pressure came into being suddenlt a strong rain. Seeing that it is calm and windless, we
    are expecting heavy fog.´
    'Congratulations to you, congratulations, wise tree frog. Now I do not have to fear, that some hunter will shoot me. Oh, thanks, thanks.'
    'But that, that I surely didn't do, that is nature. And for that, excuse me but, it is not enough our inventions, hmm, not even Little tree frog.

Kolo, které piští, to ziská olej.
    Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

18. Karel_lerak

Thanks, David for a nice translation. Just one remark:

There is a double sense in the sentence:

"na hony" means "very far" and this was the supposed meaning, but "Rákosníček" interprets it as
    "it will be good visibility for hunting"

1. "na hony vzdálen" = miles off
    2. "hon" = hunt

19. wer

wer Well-Known Member

"Hon" is old Czech unit of length. The idiom "na hony vzdálený" could be used figuratively in the same way as English "miles apart, streets apart, light years, poles apart".

20. scrimshaw

Now that's something a non czech would surely miss completely.
    Lovec je na hon a na poli vidí zajíc.
    Na hony vzdálen ale vidí lovec hlučný blížící se armadu a myslí si, že není tohle dobrý den být na hon.