website for czech grammar

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dzurisova, Nov 28, 2007.

1. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

It appears I've lost the bookmark to a website someone here so kindly passed on to others.

From my recollection, the website was something like "pravdila" or "pravda"??????

Anyway, you typed in a czech word and then it gave the declined versions of the word.

For instance, if you typed in mít, it would give you:

mám, más, má, máme, májí.

If anyone knows of that site, can you please help me find it again. Thanks

2. Troll

Troll Well-Known Member

3. dzurisova

thank you

4. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Just remember that it is an unofficial site, and that there are some errors. I got burned by that once (but so far, in abt. 5 years of usage, only once).

5. dzurisova

Thanks Sova, I really just use it when I can't remember how to decline a word. It really doesn't matter if I get it wrong anyway. The most annoying thing about my Czech teacher is that no matter how many red marks cover my homework assignment, she concludes with "Vyborne! Excellent Job!!!" I tend to desire a praise of excellence to be reserved for excellent work. :wink: Anyway, I think she is trying to be supportive and encouraging, which is a nice thing to do. :)

Thanks for the warning.

6. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

We also evaluate scrimshaw's job excellent, despite after each correction "red sea" appears. You should see how many mistakes native czechs produce.

7. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

That's funny. You are right, there is always a red sea of corrections.
    I look forward to them, because it always means I will learn something new.
    They always reinforce the rules and patterns and eventually it sinks in, hopefully.

Yes, that 'Pravidla' is useful. I had forgot about that.