Nohavica coming to America!!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dzurisova, Sep 24, 2008.

1. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

2. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Very cool, dzurisova. That ought to be great fun.

3. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

Good for you! :)
    What type of music is it?
    Looks like they will be in Los Angeles as well.

4. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

See http://www.nohavica.cz, you can find some samples in mp3. Or use youtube.

5. Irena M

Thanks!
    There's quite a bit on youtube.

6. dzurisova

7. Irena M

8. dzurisova

The concert was AWESOME!!!! I'm in 2 pics on Nohavica's "on the road" part of his site. :) I'll share some of my own pics later when I get them on the computer.

[​IMG]

That's me in the pink with a glass of wine. I asked the guy for wine and he said "co". I again said "the wine you just put away". He gave a blank face. I said, "vino" and suddenly I had wine. It was fun being in my own country and still having to speak czech. :)

[​IMG]

There's my husband and I in the corner, front row.

9. Irena M

Cool! Looks like you had a great time!

10. scrimshaw

Congratulations Dzurisova
    So you made it. What a great venue too. Nice and intimate. More personal than getting lost in the crowd.
    You've always got such a great smile.
    Did he sing Darmodej?
    How about Když mě brali za vojaka? I would have loved that one. Such a good one to sing along to.
    Thank God you knew how to say 'wine' in czech, right?

11. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

So is that why in the first picture you've got the big smile, and your husband looks so grumpy (he didn't seem to get any)?

12. dzurisova

Yeah, Martin didn't have any wine yet or beer for that matter. He dropped me off at the door and went to park the car, several blocks away. So we were coming as as I greeted him at the door. I guess I could have been nice and got him a beer when I got my wine huh? :D

Yes, David, he sang both those songs. He also sang kibicz’ favorite one about the snow. :eek:) He gave a long introduction right before it. I didn’t understand his words, but I understood the word snih, so I knew which song he planned to sing.

13. dzurisova

14. scrimshaw

Next to last paragraph.

But the evening has a completely different ending. After the concert we're talking in the garden of the broadcasting station, and Michael returns to the hall through the really transparent and clean glass with the assumption that it is an open entryway and he smashes into it. A 2.5 meter plate of glass shatters, falls, and cuts Michael on the arm.(maybe hand)
    Two doctors from the line attended him and helped take him to the hospital.

Last paragraph says he returned about three in the morning with a bandaged arm/hand. Four deep stitches and 23 for the skin.
    He is a lucky man, it was really close to the tendons.

Very lucky.

15. Irena M

Wow; poor guy, but lucky for him. It could have been worse if it hit a main vein in his hand.

16. Alena

Alena Well-Known Member

Lucky guy! They should have put some sticking sign on the glass. Here you can see that so much cleaning might be dangereous :wink:

17. dzurisova

Excellent job David! Didn't know you were that fluent already! Wish I had the energy to work as hard as you do at it. :) Thanks for your help.

18. scrimshaw

Katko, :D , that's rich, believe me I am far from fluent.
    Thank goodness for dictionaries.

That concert sounds like it was great.
    There must be a big Czech community up there.
    Tough break for Michael though.

19. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member