Unresolved Book Translation

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by texasstar5000, Aug 18, 2017.

1. texasstar5000

texasstar5000 New Member

This is an unresolved issue from 2005.

My name is Shannon and I have in my possession a very unusual book . It is binded in green velvet with a large brass or gold engraving in the middle . The pages are gold lined ( like a bible ) . There is a total of twelve handwritten entries in this book - along with one inscription page and one drawing ( unknown if its pre-printed or hand drawn ) . These twelve entries are all dated and signed - most of the entries ( about 8 ) have the words " Kral Vinohrady " next to the date and year. I have discovered this is the abbreviated name for " Kralovske Vinohrady " - Meaning Royal Vinohrady ( or Vineyards) . I suspect this book may have some connection the the Vinohrady Theatre . These twelve entries are written between the years 1893 ( the first one ) and 1909 ( the last one) . I believe these entries are written in Czech . I do have scans of all the entries if anyone would be interested in seeing them and perhaps helping me to find out what they are . I would appreciate any help.

I have been told this is a very unique book in that it combines languages (Czech /Slovakian). There are different hand writings, all with the "tone" of condolences. As if the original owner was someone who suffered great loss .

I have been offered $8000 for this book, but I do worry that translations I have been given have been wrong . I'm looking for help.