How much money will i need?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by Tinkerbell424, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Tinkerbell424

Tinkerbell424 New Member

Hi everyone - my name is Liz & i am being sent to work in Ostrava in January - i was wondering what kind of salary i will need to live off?
    i am going to be teaching english & law & will be living in some kind of dorm accomodation.
    how much will i need to live off per month do you think?
    any advice would be much appreciated!
    thanks!

2. marketa137

marketa137 Member

Hi Liz! Well, I hope I can help you a little bit, since I live in Ostrava {even if right now I`m living in US :->}. Everything depends on your living standard, if you want to use a car {gas is much expensive than in US}, if you`re alone... Anyway, you shouldn`t have less than 10.000 KC per a month {10.000 and up is ok :->}. I could also give you some good tips - where to go, what to see, ..., if you want. Or check this web-page: www.ostravainfo.cz {also in English}. Good luck! :->

3. BigscottishGuy

BigscottishGuy New Member

Hi there i'm interested in a teaching job in Ostrava ,ive just returned from a trip to there visiting my buddies & was given the low down on all pay quiries & costs .The wage you should receive from teaching will most likely be 13000 Crowns per month which is Ł288.88 ,the cost of a months digs is from Ł115-Ł130 & its a rather nice place too ,& in most places that includes your electricity maybe Ł80 for food per month & the rests your beer money ,hehe .Have a great time over there ,the people are very nice ,you will have a most enjoyable stay .

[This message has been edited by BigscottishGuy (edited 18-10-2003).]