Buying CDs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by magan, Jan 24, 2004.

1. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Are clean CDs available in Prague? Would you know cost? What kind of stores I would find them in?

2. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

First, what do you mean with "clean"? Legal, not pirated music discs?

If so, than the answer is - of course. You can find them in many places, usually in those interesting little shops called "music stores". There are some online shops also.

Tho cost is about 200 - 400 CZK for a Czech CD, the prices of foreign ones are a bit higher - 500 CZK and more (sometimes much more :) )

If you mean recordable CDs ( CD-R ), these are usually sold in computer stores or shops with electronics. The cost might be from 10 CZK for a no-name to 20-30 CZK for a really good one.

3. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Great answer. I meant recordable, but it is also interesting to know approximate price of ones from music stores (with music :lol: )

4. magan

magan Well-Known Member

One more question. I was considering recording (pirating :oops: ) selection of my favourite songs to take to a friend in Cz. How is their general attitute towards pirated music discs? Would it look bad on me??? I am not a pirate :twisted: , I bought them originally.

I remember times when taperecorder first came out and everybody was recording their own selection of music on tapes. Nobody ever thought that it was something bad to do. Recordings were from radio or other peoples records. It never destroyed music industry. :p

5. Missbarbecue

Missbarbecue Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: We are a nation of pirates! There are some people who despise those buying original CD's :eek:)

6. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Thank you, that is great!

7. smcrosby

smcrosby New Member

You mentioned there are online music shops. Do you know the link/URL and if they ship to the USA?

8. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

9. Acheron

Acheron Active Member

you can get a box of 10pieces of "clean" cd-r for about 90-150czk (depends on quality and dye technology) in every computer store and you can of course copy what you want as long as you're not doing that in front of a policeman ;)