Internet Caffee in Prague

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by magan, Jan 24, 2004.

1. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Is there any internet caffee around in centre of Prague? What is hourly fee for use of internet?

2. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

3. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi magan,

I have used some internet cafes when visiting Prague over the past few years. I found the price to be 1 Kc / minute on average. The prices in the center tend to be higher and can get up to 2 Kc / minute. Back in October, a friend told me that she visited an internet cafe not far from the Flora metro and the price was less than 1 Kc / minute.

4. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Jeff and halef, that is all I need.

5. Sam

Sam Active Member

Magan,
    Try Bohemia Bagels in between Dlouha & Tynska, the foods pretty good the access is 1.00K & there's plenty of space.
    Cheers
    Sam

6. maartenv

maartenv Well-Known Member

Yes, Bohemia Bagels is the place to be. If you walk around the big square in the old city centre, there will be studens giving out flyers with a small map on how to get there. It's only 5 minutes walking time. (two blocks away or so)

It can be busy there, but they have nice bagels, brownies, coffee, etc. so you can eat something there while you wait.

At the entrance you can give your name, and you will be called when it is your turn.

A tip on using the keyboard : The Czech keyboard has got a different layout. The main thing is that the letters Y en Z are exhanged. The other thing is that for writing in Czech, they have special characters under the key's where the numbers are. To enter a number, you must press shift. On the computers you can make an eazy swap between CZ layout, and EN. For you it would be nice to swap to EN first.