Bijou Phillips: "People In The Czech Republic Are A**ho

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by eso, May 14, 2007.

1. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Bijou Phillips recently filmed Quentin Tarantino's 'Hostel II' in the Czech Republic and apparently didn't have a good time, to say the least.

Phillips, speaking to Stuff Magazine, for their June issue said, "The people in the Czech Republic are f**king a**holes. Every person from every country that has gone to the Czech Republic thinks the people are a**es."

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/origi ... 9703.shtml

;-)

2. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

Who?

3. vturchi

vturchi Well-Known Member

I read on an italian newspaper that Angelina Jolie too, who was taking part to a movie in Prague in the last months, spoke not very well about CZ
    They told, she would have said: "Czech is a horrible place in the earth, I don't want to stay here one day more!!"
    ....but i don't know why....does anyone know the reasons?

4. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Well, whe was upset because paparazzi, who sneaked into garden of their residence and took some photos her and her son.

5. doman

doman Well-Known Member

Maybe she ate a lot of knedliky, and she prefer rice more. :)
    Look, she looked very comfortable in Saigon !

[​IMG]

6. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Well they don't refused Czech beer either. ;)

[​IMG]

7. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Wow, what a topic, that’s the real Ultimate Question Of Life. :twisted:
    Yep, we are well-known laughing beasts. :twisted:
    Especially for you I made some research in Czech tabloids. :wink:

Eso is right about Angelina Jolie’s reasons, but I have suspicion that the paparazzi are paid in USD rather than in CZK. :twisted:

Bijou Phillips’s reasons are much more serious :twisted:, she was banned from a shop because of smoking. And the smoking is, at least according to Bijou Phillips :roll:, allowed everywhere in the Czech Republic.

8. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Anyway, my friend, translator, was allready asked from production company to translate this text to Czech :) :)

To all our friends in the Czech Republic,

Bijou and I were genuinely shocked when we read the interview in STUFF magazine.? Bijou had a wonderful experience filming in Prague, and never, ever said those things about the people of the Czech Republic.? Many Czech people may not know Bijou's history with tabloid journalists, but when she was a teenager she had many crazy stories written about her, and newspaper and magazine editors still enjoy painting her as a 'wild child,' or in this case, as a spoiled American.? Bijou is deeply hurt that she would be portrayed in this way, and both of us in all our press will make sure that people everywhere know this was a nasty rumor, intended to hurt both her as well as the people of the Czech Republic.? Bijou? made friends with many of our crew members, and wants everyone to know this is another case of someone trying to make her look like a troublemaker.? She is not, and we should not buy into it or further fuel these rumors.??

We had a wonderful time shooting both "Hostel" and "Hostel Part II" in the Czech Republic, and I am eagerly looking forward to returning and making another film there. ?I am proud to have filmed with nearly an entire Czech crew, whereas most other productions bring in their own people from another country. ?I have many, many close Czech friends, and when I am there I feel like I am home.? I want all the people of the Czech Republic to know that I have promoted both filming and living in Prague in all my press, and will continue to do so.? Everyone in the cast and crew of Hostel Part II will make sure that people know the comments printed in STUFF are meaningless, and will continue to talk about how much we love Prague and the Czech people, and how everyone should go there if they have the opportunity.

We look forward to returning to the Czech Republic soon, and ask for your help in putting an end to these hurtful, fabricated comments.

Sincerely,

Eli Roth and Bijou Phillips

9. vturchi

vturchi Well-Known Member

Yep! At the beginning I though just the opposite!! That is, nobody in CZ took care of her!! :lol:

Anyway, as wer said:
    I think too that those paparazzi were in Angelina's garden sure not for the interests of the czech people!!

10. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Eso, do you know which restaurant that is. I ate in one that looks like that in Cesky Krumlov. However, with castles everywhere, I assume there are many restaurants that look like dungeons throughout CR. :lol:

11. eso

eso Well-Known Member

I don't know which restaurant it is, but for sure it's in Prague.

12. alenastef

alenastef Well-Known Member

13. Zeisig

Zeisig Well-Known Member

Originally a wine cellar created from a cave. No wonder that it looks like a dungeon, a luxury dungeon for celebs. :)

14. evantula

evantula Active Member

... comfortable you say? She is probably in a diet-induced comma and hasn’t caught on, yet! She could use some knedliky, that's for sure. When in Czech Republic, she probably didn't like it because they did not fawn and fall all over themselves over her … in Africa, however, boy! They love here there! She adopts their children! WOW! Like here in America we don't have enough children that need a good home ... PLEASE, give me a break with both of them … phony, baloney, her and Brad, too ... :evil:

15. Kanadanka

Kanadanka Well-Known Member

... comfortable you say? She is probably in a diet-induced comma and hasn’t caught on, yet! She could use some knedliky, that's for sure."
    .........."in Africa, however, boy! They love here there! She adopts their children! WOW! Like here in America we don't have enough children that need a good home ... PLEASE, give me a break with both of them … phony, baloney, her and Brad, too ... :evil:[/quote]

Is there a reason you are attacking an actress for what she does in her private life, and about her weight? I thought we were all concerned about hatred and bigotry discussing Germans and Czechs - and here is totally uncalled for attack on a person you don't know personally - plus, how is it related to "czech" topic?

16. evantula

evantula Active Member

OOOPS! Aren't we sensitive ... attacking? A bit strong wouldn' you say? I simply responded to an e-mail that was talking about her and that had nothing to do with the German's either ... just relax, Kanadanka, it's no big deal ... really it isn't 8)

17. Kanadanka

Kanadanka Well-Known Member

Just for the record, bigotry starts one person at a time
    Harmony also starts with one person at a time
    I think even the way you responded to me in such a condescending way "aren't we sensitive..." is unnecessarily unpleasant.

How about we all find something NICE to say about people - especially those who "do good" for the world children and intra-racial relationships.
    Just because someone is rich and high-profile should not be an excuse for others to find any reason they can to criticize them. Most often the reason is just pure jealousy or feeling of personal impotence.
    I'd hate to live in a fishbowl!

By the way, "verbal attack" is exactly what I saw happening there. I think it was a very apt description of it.

18. doman

doman Well-Known Member

Hi Evatula !
    I am not their fan and I also don't have any reason to talk about their way-of-life.
    I appreciate their acted adopting children !
    In my very private point of view, children are children, innocent and easy to get hurt, irrespective of nationality.
    You thought that they should adopt American children, didn't you?
    Maybe you're right by your side.
    And in my opinion, every good will should be appreciated !
    Looking to the big eyes of a hungry African baby or injury Campuchian little boy or hopelessly eyes of small white girl, I couldn't find the different.

I don't think we fawn and fall all ourselves over them(Angelina & Pitt) by that though they adopted a Vietnamese boy.

We respected that Act !

19. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. Before we moved to Prague, a friend in the UK recommended Svatá Klára but we haven't been yet. It's my birthday today so perhaps we'll try it out tonight!

20. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Sorry - the connection is playing up. That last message went twice and I can't work out how to just delete it altogether!