Local newspaper

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by Annie804, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Annie804

Annie804 Member

I'm trying to find the name and address of the local newspaper in the City of Ceske Budjevoice - can anyone help me?

I want to place an ad to try and locate a lady by the name of Eva Cerny who lived in this area in the 60's. If there is anyone on this Board who has access to a telephone book - would it be possible to try to look the telephone number up of either Eva or the local newspaper, please?

/Annie

2. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

3. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

There is a lot of Černý/Černá in the phone book

4. Annie804

Annie804 Member

Thank you for taking the time to reply - I'll contact the local paper and see if I can place an ad.

/Annie

5. Annie804

Annie804 Member

I'm still on this search that I mentioned last November .....

I have been able to find a telephone number for the City Hall (Mestsky Urad Ceske Budjovice ). However, because of the time difference, it's difficult to call. I was wondering if anyone might know how I could find out the e-mail address.

Any and all answers are very much appreciated.

6. Karel_lerak

Magistrát města České Budějovice - Matriční úřad, the e-mail is given in the page.

7. Annie804

Annie804 Member

Thank you very much :D

8. Annie804

Annie804 Member

Hello Karel and, once again, thank you very much for all of your help with this matter.

Unfortunately, City Hall can't help me with any information.

I have a question for you, though.......
    If you were living in Canada and were trying to find a telephone number for someone living in the Czech Republic, how would you go about it? I have tried the on-line directory, City Hall and also Directory of Enquiries.
    I have a feeling it may be a mobile number and I have no idea as to how I would look that number up?
    I'm wondering if you could possibly give me any ideas?

Thank you so very much.

/Annie

9. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Try Zlaté stránky.

If the person you are looking for is not in Zlaté stránky, then he/she probably only has cell phone. There is no way how to find cell phone number, only when this person run some bussiness and have web pages with this number on it.

10. Petr_B

Petr_B Well-Known Member

Slightly offtopic but here it goes anyway: In fact, if you want you can add your cellphone number (and also an e-mail) to Zlate Stranky (Yellow Pages?) too, but I don't think many people use it (or even know about it). E.g. for Vodafone (Oskar), you can easily do that on the internet using Muj Vodafone (formerly Oskar samoobsluha).

11. Karel_lerak

Sorry to say, but cell/mobile phone numbers of private people are seldomly published. As others said, it is possible, but almost nobody does it. With the fixed line phone your numer is published if you don't ask (and pay) for not being published. With cell phone there is no such rule.

12. Annie804

Annie804 Member

I finally found my friend, Eva. We've had a couple of nice telephone conversations.

13. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Wonderful! Was she still living in the Česky Budjovice?

14. Annie804

Annie804 Member

Yes, she is.