Sooner than I thought...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by GlennInFlorida, May 8, 2008.

1. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

A lot of you know that I am planning a trip to Prague in late September/early October but it now appears likely that I will be making a quick (5 days or so) trip to Prague in June! The dates will be sometime between June 12 and 17 (a sort of late birthday present since my birthday is June 10) - anyway, will keep you posted and hope to meet with several of you when I am there. I am just about to pop with the prospect of getting back so soon! :D

Glenn

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

I say Congrats with envy. :)

3. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Maybe we should organize some official meeting :)

4. GlennInFlorida

That would be good - I'll get back with more details as they are available :D

5. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

http://www.myczechrepublic.com/boards/v ... php?t=5164

If someone from Prague would like to organize something like this, that would be great.

I only have plans for June 14th (saturday), friend of mine is getting married that day, but I guess the wedding is gonna be about at 11 am, so I could make it to Prague anyway.

6. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

You go, travelling Glenn.
    I'd be interested in hearing about your adventures and meeting up with the forum people. :D

7. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm jealous! It appears I won't be back in the Czechlands until November, maybe. I wanted to go earlier but ... well, I have to work for a living and my time is not always my own.
    :roll:

Enjoy your gathering and lift a pivo for me!

Susan

8. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

I'm jealous too. Can I hide in your suitcase? :lol:

9. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi Glenn,

Good to see you will be heading over here soon. Keep us posted on your schedule. I can make a reservation somewhere once a day and time is agreed upon for a get together.

10. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Excellent news! I vote that we let Jeff organise something and let us all know.

Jeff - I'm sure you'll know somewhere good we can go but if you are looking for new ideas, we go to Pivovarský klub opposite Karlínské divadlo, behind Florenc metro - handy for everyone to get to - because it's very un-touristy, they sell hundreds of different beers and are very friendly.

11. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

deleted

12. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I'm in!

13. GlennInFlorida

Since it has pivo in the name, it sounds like a winner to me! :D

This will be a short trip but, it looks like I will be there at least for Frday, Saturday, and Sunday (13-6 to 15-6 but maybe the next weekend,20-6 to 22-6) - I will know more by this weekend.

14. MichaelM

MichaelM Well-Known Member

I heartily recommend the Pivovarsky Klub as the delightful Polednikova knows; never been as close to so many fine beers in one place before and likely will not be again (until I renew my acquaintance with beautiful Praha). I almost felt like a horse starving between two equally distant but succulent piles of green grass - which beer to choose. Luckily I had help in the recommendation (thank you both). Wish I could join in this initial meeting of Czech learners anonymous but just got back from a most wonderful trip to CZ and can't return for a little while at least. Even talked my way out of trouble with the policie twice (wrong way streets) with my fractured Czech (actually they were very nice about it). Have fun!

15. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Don't worry, Michael. We'll drink a toast to absent friends as well. (I was deeply impressed to hear about your dealings with the police - remember what I said about the usual ex-pat view of Czechs? Well, they think the police should have horns and still have StB on their uniforms!)

16. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

So, Glenn, clock is ticking... what's the news?

17. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Someone please do a shot of Becherovka for me. :wink: Wish I could join you all!

18. scrimshaw

Sorry, dzurisova, but I don't think they sell that down this way.
    Have a round of schnapps on me. Just tell'em to send me the bill. :wink:
    But, be careful with that schnapps, tends to go directly to the head.

19. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

And the address will be:

David aka Scrimshaw
    Florida
    USA

:wink:

20. scrimshaw

That should do it. :D Just don't overdo. I'm running on a tight budget.
    Maybe I should send a chaperone to look after my interests..