Help with Czech Politics?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by britishboxershorts, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Hi everyone! :)
    I am taking my first political science class on Eastern Europe (a fourth year course at undergraduate level), which mainly focuses on the politics of transition after World War I to the present day. (I'd like to focus between 1944-1989.)

Because this is my first political science class, I am having a bit of trouble coming up with an essay topic for my class. Do any of you have any suggestions on topics I could look into for a potential paper topic?

I am the most interested in Czech studies (already taking the language, love the culture) - so I would like to center my topic around Czech events during this time period...

I was thinking something about the Prague Spring or Charter 77...

Any suggestions? I thank all of you in advance!

2. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Central Europe, as long as the Czech Republic is concerned. :wink:

You can find a lot of information on the Prague Spring and Charta 77 in English, but I consider this topic a little ordinary. In addition, most of the English works are left biased.

I would prefer something less known abroad. What about the 1953 monetary reform and related anti-communistic riots in Czechoslovakia?

3. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

thanks for suggesting the topic wer, not that i needed to research it but nobody ever mentions the currency reform and i feel it would be useful to know something more about it.