Czech citizen number: where to request it?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by crackedpleasures, Oct 22, 2008.

1. crackedpleasures

crackedpleasures New Member

During the induction training at my new job (first job in CZ, I moved here one month ago) it was mentioned that foreign people residing in Czech Republic can officially register their domicile address here and get a sort of "birth number" or "citizen number" similar to the ID numbers given to people born in Czech. I was told that to get this number, I needed to fill in a form and send it to police or city hall.

Can someone please advise me which form has to be filled in (I can maybe download it from a government website?), which documents need to be provided as well, and which address I need to send the documents to?

I would like to officially register here for several reasons (both personal reasons and practical reasons).

Note that I am EU citizen, so I dont need to apply for a residence or working permit, only for a resident number similar to the unique number given at birth to Czech citizens.

2. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

The information about this rodné číslo (personal identification number) (in Czech) you find here.
    The important part is:
    Žádost o přidělení rodného čísla lze podat osobně nebo prostřednictvím poštovní přepravy. Žádost o přidělení rodného čísla se podává u Ministerstva vnitra, odboru správních činností, náměstí Hrdinů 3, 140 21 Praha 4.
    The request for assignig the personal identification number is to be handed personally or by post in
    Ministerstvo vnitra,
    odbor správních činností,
    náměstí Hrdinů 3,
    140 21 Praha 4

Žádost o přidělení rodného čísla musí být písemná, odůvodněná a musí obsahovat
    The request must be written, reasoned and has to contain
    * jméno, popřípadě jména, příjmení, jejich případné změny,
    names and surnames ant their relevant changes
    * rodné příjmení,
    first surname (at birth)
    * den, měsíc a rok narození,
    day, month and year of birth
    * místo a okres narození; pokud se fyzická osoba narodila v cizině, místo narození a stát, na jehož území se narodila,
    place and state of birth
    * pohlaví,
    citizenship

Žádost o přidělení rodného čísla musí být sepsána v českém jazyce nebo opatřena úředně ověřeným překladem. Musí obsahovat úředně ověřený podpis žadatele, ten se nevyžaduje v případě, že žadatel žádost podepíše před zaměstnancem Ministerstva vnitra. K žádosti je nezbytné předložit doklad o datu a místě narození a státním občanství; je-li tento doklad vyhotoven v jiném než českém jazyce, je nezbytný též jeho úřední překlad do jazyka českého.
    The request must be in czech language or equipped by an officially authenticated translation. It must contain officially authenticated signature, this is not required when the applicant signs the request in the presence of Ministry of Interior clerk. The request must be accompanied by a document, attesting the date and place of birth. In case this document is in other than czech language, an officially authenticated translation is again necessary.

3. crackedpleasures

crackedpleasures New Member

How do I get a translated version of my birth certificate? That document is obviously in the language of my native country, I cannot think of who can officially translate this (as a regularly written translation by a colleague of mine will probably not be official enough) ?

Have you got any idea how long it takes for the birth nr to be delivered?

Thanks for your useful reply.

4. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

5. eso

eso Well-Known Member

I have no personal experience, but on other discussion I read it could take months, even year.

6. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I have some experience with it, from the company where I worked before, where there were working a lot of foreign citizens, it usually took half to one year, god knows why.

7. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

DELETED: duplicity post