Superb beer..What will it be washing down ?

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by Papaver, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Papaver

Papaver New Member

I was wondering what the food was like there, especialy the vegetarian option... are the Czech's fond of olives ?

2. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

3. Yes, some of us are really fonds of olives---- such as me :lol:

4. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

Well, the food used to be "fit to beer" - lots of meat, fat courses with dumplings etc. But now even the Czechs start to tend to the "healthy lifestyle", so there is fish, poultry, vegetables etc.

In bigger cities you can usually find restaurants with some nations cuisine. Pizza and pasta are quite popular. No problem finding vegetarian meals as well. You may have some problems if you come to some small-town pub - all they usually have vegetarian is fried cheese (which is quite good, try it), fried champignons or fried caulliflower. And fried fish, which is considered quite vegetarian :)

P.S. I have moved this topic to the Food and Drink forum. If you browse it, you may find some other hints on Czech food.

5. al in US

al in US New Member

Hello. I especially like the beer of Czech Republic. Actually, I am looking for someone who can assist me in obtaining some Dacicky from Kutna Hora. They do not distribute the beer in the US. My brother used to brew his own beer and I am anxious for him to try some Dacicky dark beer. Anyone have any ideas?

6. al in US

al in US New Member

Papaver: I was in Czech Republic in Sep/Oct 2004. I find that they still eat much meat, but I am pseudo-vegetarian and had no problem finding good food...especially w/ cabbage and noodles.