Please Recommend a Restaurant and Meal

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by bobbiejo1104, Sep 9, 2004.

1. bobbiejo1104

bobbiejo1104 Member

Hello.

My friend and I are traveling to Prague in November and she is a very, very picky eater. She has promised to try one complete meal. I would like her experience be traditional and am afraid I will not pick the best choices.

Please recommend your favorite meal from appetizer to dessert. If you could also recommend where to eat this fabulous meal, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Bobbie Jo

2. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

It might help if we had some idea what types of food she does like.

3. bobbiejo1104

bobbiejo1104 Member

Unfortunately, her favorite is a McDonald's cheeseburger meal with the cheeseburger plain (only meat and cheese). Additionally, she likes hot dogs plain and pepperoni pizza.

When we went to London a few years ago, I got her to try calamari and rabbit (two different meals). In Italy, I got her to try frogs legs and mushrooms. She finished all of these meals and actually enjoyed most of them. It seems when she is away from home, she can be quite daring and I want to take advantage of that.

THANKS MUCH!!!
    Bobbie Jo

4. chazzauk

chazzauk Active Member

restaurant "U Schnellu", was very very good food & service at very reasonable prices.

starter : potato broth
    Main course : Goulasch & dumplings
    Dessert: Pancakes with cream & caramel

i had this meal, partner had another plus 2 beers each, at a total cost of 668Kc...very cheapo im sure you agree for a high quality meal.

this restaurant is situated on the far side of the charles bridge, at :

Malostranske nam.
    Tomasska 2/27
    Praha 1118 00

Other than this one, there are a lot of very good restaurants around prage all of which have a wide variety of choice at very reasonable prices. However, if you go to those in old town square in particular then you will pay over the odds compared to what you can get the same meal for. There is a restaurant in a cellar in teh old town square which offers meals sold outside in teh suqare at half of the price and serves beautiful food.

hope this helps.

5. bobbiejo1104

bobbiejo1104 Member

Thank you for the suggestion. It sounds delightful and I do believe she will not only eat it, but will enjoy it. Thanks! Bobbie Jo

6. Joss

Joss Active Member

Hi

Can I recommend the Mucha Restaurant which can be found if you follow the pedestrian path from the bottom of Wenceslass Square to Old Town Square. It is good value and good quality. They have their own wines and the whole place is Art Nuveau, live music on a Friday if I recall.

Alternatively you can try a small restaurant in a cellar called 'Cesky Raj' which means Bohemian Heaven. It is small nd simple but the food is excellent value and very good. You can find it off of one of the side roads from Wenceslass square next turn down from the one signposted to Irish Pub Rock O'Reily's if I remember. You go through a small parade of shops and its on the right.

Try swickova na smetane - tender sliced sirloin beef with cream sauce and dumplings alternatively if you want to keep it simple, go for Klobas Czech sausage. Making my mouth water!

Hope this is helpful

7. bobbiejo1104

bobbiejo1104 Member

Thanks Joss. I really appreciate the additional suggestions and will definitely try them all.