Becherovka

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does any one know how to get Becherovka in the US?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i dont know how to get becherovka in the usa but im sure you probly could get it in big cities like chicago and new york or something. or ask your liquer store,maybe your state laws allow that alcohol in.. every states laws are diffrent.. i just came back from czech and slovakia a brought 3 bottels with me...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i though becherovka was bad, until i tried the slovak one, can't remembre the name of it, now i love Becherovka!! lol

4. Tomucz

Tomucz New Member

You can find Becherofka for sale on line. Unfortunately I don't have the URL. I know it's for sale in California and I am sure other large cites.
    The way I found it on line was through a search engine like Yahoo, or Google.

5. magan

magan Well-Known Member

This was old posting, but I could not leave it alone. Becherovka is from Karlovy Vary. For more info on history of Becherovka see http://www.becher.cz In oter words it is called Thirteenth Spring of Karlovi Vary (Trinacty pramen), because there are 12 springs of curative waters in Spa Karlovy Vary.

It is probably most popular aperitiv in Czech Republic. Not only before meal, but after meal and - of course when one needs to cure something i.e. toothache, upset stomach etc. It contains secret recipe of many herbs.

6. supershalin80

supershalin80 Member

I'm glad to see some other people like that stuff. I was over there a couple years ago and had a terrible cold with a nasty cough. It made it almost impossible to teach but luckily I visited one of my students homes and she gave me a shot glass of "medicine" which did the trick. I took a little spoonful of Becherovka before each hour of teaching and I didn't have any more problems. Every year I go to CZ I bring a couple bottles back with me so that I never run out. Plus, it's great to share with friends and see their reactions to the taste. It's unlike any alcohol you can get anywhere.

7. haukur

haukur Active Member

Becherovka is Ok, and I sure am glad we can get it in the liquer stores here in Iceland, but unfortunately, they DON'T SELL Slivovice and Absinth. That's my favorite, specially the Absinth.

8. MikeStribrny

MikeStribrny Member