Bars/restaurants near Strasnicka metro

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by Kraygie, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Kraygie

Kraygie New Member

I am traveling to Prague this weekend and staying at the Quality Hotel near Strasnicka station. Can anyone recommend any bars/restaurants in the local area as we arrive early evening & I was hoping to leave travelling into central Prague until the next morning?

2. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

U Kašpárka! An excellent restaurant at Dubečská 4 in Prague 10 - Strašnice, southeast of Strašnická, near the intersection of Průběžná and Na padesátém. Tel. 274 784 127. It's actually closer to the Skalka station (the one after Strašnická) but if you want to walk from your hotel, it's not going to be more than 10 minutes. Their pork tenderloin (vepřová panenka) is out of this world!

3. Kraygie

Kraygie New Member

Thanks Dana,

What sort of price could I expect to pay?
    Are there any bars nearby that are good for a drink, I'm hoping for something wth a Czech feel as opposed to a "tourist" bar/pub as I can't see the point travelling to a foreign country and ending up in a Irish bar with a steak and pint of stout!

4. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

What you'll pay of course depends on what all you order but you can expect to spend about 250-300 CZK per person for a main meal + side dish + drinks. Their menu is posted on their site at http://ukasparka.mraveniste.cz/en.html so you can get a good idea there. You may want to make a dinner reservation since the restaurant is quite popular with the locals I think.

You're not going to find any tourist restaurants, pubs or bars in Strašnice. The area is mostly residential (I suggest you take a stroll through the beautiful villa neighborhood north of the Strašnická metro), far from the center, and tourists have no reason to go there unless (as in your case) they're staying at a hotel there.

I don't know Strašnice that well and have only eaten at this one restaurant, so I can't recommend a pub. I'm sure you'll run into some and my guess is you'll be the only tourists there.

5. Kraygie

Kraygie New Member

Dana

That looks absolutely fantastic, I will let you know when we get back

Dekuji

Craig

6. Kraygie

Kraygie New Member

Dana

Just got back, Prague is beautiful!

Had dinner where you advised, it was fantastic! They were very busy when we arrived and fully booked, however they squeezed us in and we had a wonderfull time. The pork tenderloin was excellent.

Thank you very much

Craig