Where to eat?

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by Dii, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Dii

Dii New Member

Where can we eat nice meal, not too expensive but good and traditional, in Prague? My friend and I coming for a few days and we have only breakfast. Thanks! :)

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

I like taking visitors to one of the restaurants owned by the Pilsner brewery - I think there are thee of them: Celnice, near Namesti Republiky, near the Marriott and Hilton hotels, Kolkovna on the street of the same name, near the Spanish Synagogue, and my favourite, Olympia, just over the bridge from the National Theatre on the corner on the left hand side, past Cafe Savoy.

They are an updated version of a Czech pub/restaurant, have a good, extensive menu, so you are bound to find something you like, and the staff are friendly and interested.

3. Dii

Dii New Member

Thanks! This means loot to us!! We will go to see those restaurants and tell you which we like the best. :)

4. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

If you find yourself hungry at the OldTown Square, probably the most Czech and pretty cheap (70-90 Korunas for a dish) you can try the Pivrnec restaurant, which is like 30 sconds from the Square.

5. Dii

Dii New Member

OK! Thanks for help, I'm traveling tomorrow....:)

Bye!

6. Polednikova

That sounds worth trying, G. Which direction off the Square? As you know, it's like a rabbit warren round there and I don't remember seeing it.

7. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

Pivnice U Pivrnce, Maislova 3, Praha 1

8. haukur

haukur Active Member

try U Jindříšské věže(ujindrisskeveze.cz), it's on Jindříšská 24.
    Traditional food, good prices, good selection of beer and just a great pub/restaurant. I highly recommend it

9. Polednikova

Thanks for that. I've actually been past it many times and it's in just the right spot to stop for a rest when I'm taking my visitors round Prague!

10. chiararts

chiararts New Member

Hi everybody!
    I visited Praha 2 years ago and I ate a very nice meal in a place I can't remember the name..
    I know you can help me to find it out! All I have is a pic of the restaurant interior look like and typical dish..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]