Christmas Eve Dining in Prague

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by srapegoraro, Dec 12, 2007.

1. srapegoraro

srapegoraro Member

Hello Everyone….

First, I want to thank those who have assisted with details for our upcoming travel to Prague and Cesky Krumlov. Without you I would be scared and lost...like a little rabbit in the woods.

Second, I am unsure if I should post this in the Travel Tips & Advice Forum or under Food & Drink? Forgive me of my error if I had made any...

Christmas Eve in Prague we would like to have either a nice lunch or dinner. I have read blogs, posts, and such on fine dining that includes many courses. Some include wine and don't. We don't mind spending a little more for a meal on this day since it is a special, but would really like feedback from anyone here on the following places? These ones sound nice and each have carp included in the menu.

Les Moules
    Pařížská 19, Prague 1-Old Town

Coda Restaurant
    Tržiště 9 (Aria Hotel), Prague 1-Malá Strana

CzecHouse
    Pobřežní 1 (Hilton), Prague 8-Karlín

Il Giardino
    Mozartova 1, Prague 5-Smíchov

If any of you have commentary or other suggestions of where to book for Christmas Eve I would love to hear it! I know everyone books up fast so just want to be sure I make the right choice. This is our first time in Prague so we are open recommedations.

Again - thanks! :)

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

You've obviously been doing your homework and I have to say that after a year here, I don't even know most of the restaurants you've found, never mind been to them!

But have you checked to see that they're open on Christmas Eve? Nearly everything shuts in the afternoon because Christmas Eve is when the Czech have their family Christmas meal. You'll obviously be ok with the hotels because they've got to cater for their guests but I don't know about the others.

3. srapegoraro

srapegoraro Member

Polednikova,

Thanks for responding!

I am in the process of sending out some emails to a couple of the places I have found to confirm they are open. I have a question for you...do people usually celebrate with lunch/dinner on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? :?

We were trying to choose between the two days of when to go for a nice dinner/choose the right day that everyone would be celebrating. Plus whichever day that is would be the right one to lay low as everything else will be closed (musems/shops, etc), right?

Any advisement you have would be FANTASTIC!

4. eso

eso Well-Known Member

People celebrate on December 24, they have dinner and then they open presents. But next two days are holidays too.

5. srapegoraro

srapegoraro Member

Eso

Very good! Thanks for the tip!

Sra. Pegoraro