Czech translation/language site

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by hockeygirl_leafs07, May 28, 2003.

1. hockeygirl_leafs07

hockeygirl_leafs07 Active Member

Does anyone know of a website that translates czech to english???
    That would really help b/c I like to read a lot about my favourite Czech or Slovak hockey players and a lot of news sites are in those languages, so if anyone knows of a great site that translates things, that would be great..even if it translates things word for word literally.
    If such a site doesn't exist, then maybe I'll have to learn how to speak Czech. I already know English, Khmer, French, and now study Spanish and German but heck, a sixth language wouldn't kill me, right?

2. Kikko

Kikko Well-Known Member

3. finn

finn Active Member

I don't think there is such website because Czech language is very complicated and to make a machine translator for it is so huge problem that - I think - it cannot be solved within next few years. Once I saw the output of a simple computer translator (English to Czech) and the final text looked like it was written by random word generator :)

So there are two possibilities: learn Czech or find someone who will translate it for you :)