Airfare Information

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by missgirle, Jan 12, 2004.

1. missgirle

missgirle New Member

Hello Everyone:

Does anyone know of any good resources for discount airfare or at least reasonably priced, from Dallas TX to Kosice SK?

We are planning a trip in mid-Summer and will be traveling with an infant, that is why we want to fly into Kosice. A couple of connections are fine. This will be my first time traveling overseas, and with a baby. We want it to be as seamless as possible.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Josey

2. semicek

semicek Member

Josey,
    I am married to a Czech lady from a small village known as Liskovice (close to Horice). We have a baby and we book our tickets online with Northwest-KLM. It's cheaper and they go out of their way to help with the baby. They also fly out of Memphis direct to Amsterdam and then to Prague. When you book your tickets you can call and ask about bassinet availablity. It allows the baby to sleep better than a car seat or in your lap and they don't charge extra for it. Plus you get to board the plane first. You will have to purchase a "ticket" for the baby, but it is cheaper, just make sure you say "lap baby". Believe it or not, babies make traveling overseas easier because of the extra help and consideration you get. Good luck, Ahoj, Sam

3. magan

magan Well-Known Member

As with flight tickets to other countries, your best bet is to find Slovak or Czech travel agency in your/or near-by city. You can also find Czechoslovakian, Slovak or Czech Association - all can be found in your phone book. As they serve huge numbers of people going to their country of origin they always have best price for tickets.

In Toronto, Canada, there are two: Nitra Travel and Slovakotour. You have to find those close to you.

4. missgirle

missgirle New Member

Wow, thank you for all the great information!

The baby treatment sounds pretty royal with Northwest-KLM. I will have to check them out.

Magan, I have looked everywhere and have yet to find any Czech or Slovak resources in our backyard. We live in Big Dallas so you would think there would be something.

Thank you for the great information!

Josey :D

5. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Don't forget to check for Czech Aerolines. Good luck.