Brejla

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by M1bud, Feb 25, 2006.

1. M1bud

M1bud New Member

My Grandmother Anna Marie Bures maiden name Brejla bn 1893. Her Parents were Frantisek Brejla and Frantiska Brejlova maiden name Cecavova. I am finding it hard to know how to trace them from the U.K

2. Karel Fous

Karel Fous Well-Known Member

You have to know also the place of birth, if you want trace your ancestors. Only family name will not help you.
    Regards
    Karel :)

3. M1bud

M1bud New Member

Karel Fous,
    Knowing that Anna Marie Buresova Was born in 1893 and Her parents were Františka Cecava and František Brejla.Anna was Born on 29 of March 1893 in Wien/ Vienna XVI, Wurligergasse (name of street) number 19 daughter of Frantisek Brejla, truhlar=joiner (occupation) and Frantiska maiden name Cecavova. The English translation is Frances (female) and Francis (male). The Czech spellings are František and Františka on my Fathers birth certificate. This was translated by cousin Jaroslava who confirmed that both Parents were Czech but possibly were living and working in Vienna at the time.
    Thanks. Mike

4. Karel Fous

Karel Fous Well-Known Member

Dear Mike,
    You have a good chance to find what you are searching. If you positively know, that Marie was born at Wienna, it's good. :D
    During Austro-Hungarian Empire was same rules for records in Bohemia and Austria. So write to http://www.magwien.gv.at/ma08/m08_leit.htm for help and write them all information you have - name, date a place of birth, name of parents. If the archive send you a copy of birth record, there must be a place of origin of parents. And than you can start search in Bohemia or Czechia (up to you :wink: ).
    Lot of Czechs was working at Wienna, not very distant capital of Empire. Also many Austrians was working at Praha or vice versa with other bigger towns.
    Good luck and let me know :wink:
    Karel :)

5. M1bud

M1bud New Member

Karel Fous, Thank you for your reply, which has given us a bit of hope. We had an Email from a Genealogist in Wein who said that they have a set price to look into our tree. But it would cost 450 euros plus Taxi expense I do not know whether this procedure is good value as my Grandmother Anna M Bures may have only been born in Vienna while parents were on holiday, so would they still be registered in the Wein Governments records? Please forgive our lack of Knowledge and I will write to link you have sent me and keep you informed to the outcome.
    Kind regards
    Michael Bures

6. M1bud

M1bud New Member

I have tried writting to Vienna last year with no luck. The latest on my searh is below!

František Brejla was born in 1852 and died in the Universal Hospital in
    Prague 29th Sep. 1902.He was joiner.His wife Františka Cecava lived
    between two WW in Benešov u Prahy in the almshouse.Their children:1)
    Josefa, b. 1882/3, a servant in Vienna,then married to the Hungaria,2)
    František, b. 1884/5, a joiner, had wife Anna and daughter also Anna(this
    born 1908, in that time they lived in Vienna VIII.,Albertgasse 38), 3)
    Marie, b. 1887,lived in Jièín in the flat of Marie Blažková, then married
    to Vlasák in Plzeò, 4) Leopold, b. 1889, unemployed,lived in the
    almshouse, died 11th Dec. 1909 or 1910, 5) Anna, b.29th Mar.1893, a servant,
    your grandmother, 6) Hedvika, b. 28th Sep. 1896, a servant.