2-3 stars hotel in New York

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by YiChienChuang, Jan 4, 2006.

1. YiChienChuang

YiChienChuang Member

Dear all,

I would like to say "Happy New Year" to all of you on this Czech board.

I'm going to visit New York City late of the Spring. I'm going to stay there for about 1 week. Is anyone knows if there is any 2-3 stars hotels near by either Time Square or Central Park? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!!

Sincerely,
    Megan :)

2. hougreg1965

hougreg1965 Member

Hi -

I go to NYC often, and I like to stay at The Herald Square Hotel on West 31st Street. It's a 2-star, very affordable compared to other hotels. They have a website to book rooms, see photos and find out things to do in the area. Just Google "Herald Square Hotel". All rooms are no smoking. I think you can get a room for $90 or $95 each night. Cheap for New York.

I live in Texas and rarely see many Americans staying there; most of the guests are from Europe and Asia. It is two blocks from the Empire State Building, and very close to Macy's, Madison Square Gardens and a very quick subway ride to Times Square. Central Park obviously is farther north, but easy by subway.

A co-worker of mine only last week stayed at the Doubletree Metropolitan, a 3-star hotel, at East 51st Street and Lexington Avenue. This is a great location for moving around the city (since it is located on the Lexington subway line) and it is much closer to Central Park. Rooms there start at $200 to $225 each night.

If you have never visited New York City, and the subway system is confusing to learn, there is a great website to help plan your trips around the city.

The website is www.hopstop.com

Just choose New York City, type in the address where you are starting from (example: 19 West 31st Street - The Herald Square). Then, type in the address of your destination (example: Times Square). The website tells you which subway train to take (and the entrance location), which stop to get off, and where to exit the subway.

The results: To get to Times Square from the hotel, just enter the subway at W. 32nd and Broadway, take the N Train Uptown and get off at W. 42nd at 7th Avenue.

I hope this helps.

Greg
    Houston, Texas, USA