Christian Music

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by dzurisova, Apr 13, 2006.

1. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

I would like to find some good Czech Christian Rock or even Czech Worship music but the Worship music can't be too slow and boring. Does anyone know any good CD's?

2. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

Sorry, you've chosen a wrong country - using "czech", "rock" and "christian" in one sentence won't yield much result:)

3. dzurisova

Thanks, then what about Slovak music. My husband is Czech and loves Christian Rock. I would love to find him some in his native language.

4. wer

wer Well-Known Member

To make matters worse you need a good one :D, difficult.

My only idea is Sváťa Karásek. I googled also a mention of Archa „N“, "Nové měchy, Con Brio and Roman Dragoun but I never heard about them.

And in Slovakia it is similar.

5. brook

brook Well-Known Member

:lol:

6. MK

MK Well-Known Member

7. brnogator

brnogator Member

I used to work with some people in Czech and one was a worship leader in a Czech worship band. They have a church "Majak" in Brno, and the link to the group (phone number, etc.) is at www.majak-brno.cz

I hope that helps!

JB

8. dzurisova

Thanks brnogator, unfortunately, from what I could make from the czech, the website is under construction. I'll try again later. :)

9. brnogator

brnogator Member

javascript:eek:l('http://www.sportovnismrst.com/');

maybe this one will help?? this one is not specifically for majak, but for a sports program they are running. but i believe the contact information is there.

Brnogator

10. dzurisova

thank you brnogator. I've emailed the church and hopefully something will come of it. I will keep you updated.

11. dzurisova

Well it's been two weeks since I've emailed that church and nothing. I guess its just not the right time for me to get some good Czech worship or Czech Christian Rock music. I guess the Good Lord will provide the avenue to purchase it in the right time.

Thanks anyway for all your help.

12. brnogator

brnogator Member

the www.majak-brno.cz site is back up and running now, and under "Kontakt" is the phone number...if I remember correctly, the worship leaders name is Miroslav and the pastors name is Ivo Vobejda...

13. dzurisova

Thanks brnogator

I don't want to call because I don't think I could talk to them unless they speak english. However, I sent this email. Please tell me if it is understandable and how bad I messed up.

Dobry Den

Nejsem Ceska, jsem Americanka. Omlouvam se ale nemluvim moc cesky. Muj manzel je cech. Jseme Krestansky. Hladam koupit cesky uctivani hudba. Mate to prodat?

Dekuju pro vase cas.

Katrina

14. brnogator

brnogator Member

Your czech note is very readable--they will know what you are talking about, and I know the pastor is fluent in English, and they have many Americans on staff who are fluent in Czech...you should be safe calling and asking for someone who speaks English.

15. jtdirect

jtdirect Member

Kreyson is an awesome Christian Hard Rock band from Czech Republic. They have several albums out in English and Czech. Check them out and let me know what you think.

16. kotja

kotja Member

Rockquiem maybe?

17. dzurisova

Wow, this post was almost 6 years ago. Thanks for the update with some new bands :)