Help! How do I get married in Prague?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by spidagirl, Jan 29, 2004.

1. spidagirl

spidagirl New Member

I am in the U.S. without my boyfriend. He is in Prague waiting for me to arrive. I have the paperwork for the K1 visa and have some very limited information surrounding that subject. But we're interested to know if, and how, we can get married in Prague. Who should we contact, how long might it take, etc.?

ANY help regarding this subject, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, from American girl

2. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi there!

I don't know what the K1 visa is for and whether or not you have spoken with the Czech embassy/consulate in the U.S. or the American embassy in Prague. Those would be the first places where I'd try to get information. If you need their contact info, you can find it at http://www.myczechrepublic.com/embassy_visa/index.html.

Your boyfriend should also be able to get information at the town hall in Prague. That's the place that would most likely be arranging the marriage and they should be able to tell him what paperwork you'll need to supply.

Good luck!

Dana

3. spidagirl

spidagirl New Member

Thank you, Dana,

Since posting my message, I have stumbled across info, and people have come forth with help as well. We are moving in the right direction thanks to people like you. My fiance did contact the U.S. Embassy in Prague and they made it seem like a piece of cake. So now I need to double check and see it it's as easy as going to Town Hall.

Thanks again,
    Patiently Waiting in America

4. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

The K1 visa is a fiance visa, and from what I've heard, they take an excruciatingly long time for INS (BCIS now?) to process.

Good luck!