Last minute cheap and central accomodation!

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by magicpants, Mar 23, 2004.

1. magicpants

magicpants New Member

Hi, I got too picky and never found any hotel I liked. Now, I'm desperate as I arrive in Prague in 3 days (March 26)!

I've noticed that it's pretty easy to find a cheap, simple, and well located hotel room once you're already in a city. There always seem to be a million not on the internet, that no one knows as much about.

I was hoping Prague is the same, and you guys might know of a simple, cheap, centrally located pension that doesn't normally end up on these sites. Everything I've tried lately has been way too expensive or booked up.

I'm looking for something for just 1 person for under 1500 CZK, in Praha 1 or 2. Anything pop to mind?

Thanks!

2. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hello magicpants,

I don't know about a particular hotel that fits your criteria, but My Czech Republic offers hotel bookings through a travel agency partner. You could try using the main hotel booking page or, since it's on short notice, use the contact page and give them your criteria. They deal with a lot of hotels and might be able to find something for you.

If you might consider a hostel, you can get online availability and book on the hostel page.

Good luck and have fun! Come back to the boards and let us know how your trip was.

Jeff

3. ondrejana

ondrejana Well-Known Member

Hi magicpants,

Hlavny nadrazi (Main train station) is the key to your dilemma (this is per my hubby). Even if you do not arrive by train, hightail over there (best time is in the morningtime) where lots of local people stand to offer deals on pensions or cheap rooms in their places.... Another 2 friends have told me the very same thing. In addition, they're even up for bargaining, so try and negotiate the price that you're most willing to pay with them.

Just an idea that he's telling me over my shoulder. Hope that this works out for you!