Add a photo to your profile

Discussion in 'General Language' started by My Czech Republic, Jan 23, 2004.

1. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

If you are registered on these boards, you can add a photo to your profile to make your posts more personal. To do that, click on "Profile" on the top of this page, then scroll down to "Avatar control panel" and follow the directions.

2. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

Do painted self-portraits count? Doufám, že ano.

(Hey...it's HARD to idealize a photo...he he.)

Shawn

3. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

Sure they do. Especially works of art like this one!

(Have you tried Photoshop for photo idealization? :wink: )

4. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

Well thanks:) It's actually pretty old now, I painted that about 10 years ago, the first and only time I ever found the hubris to paint myself:)

Close your eyes, and imagine less hair. O wait, I'm wearing a hat. Nevermind...

I usually only use Photoshop for getting rid of dust, adjusting exposure, etc., because my digital skills are pretty poor...

Shawn

5. sunofabeach

sunofabeach Member

nice tool but you should allow more than 6k, average picture size is around 30k, anyway, i like this site is very nice. Keep up the good work.

6. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi there!

It is definitely possible to get an 80x80 pixel image below 6 KB (my image is 2.7 KB). Please read this post to find out how it can be done.

Good luck!

Dana

7. wwsr

wwsr Member

It certainly is possible. :D

8. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Bohuzel, nemuzu najit Avatar Contro Panel.

9. Ladis

Ladis Well-Known Member

click Profile under those 4 pictures at top / Avatar control panel is at the bottom of then next page ;)

10. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi,

The Avatar Control Panel is located on the very bottom of your Profile section. Click on 'Profile' in the yellow bar on the top of the page and scroll down.

Dana

11. Ladis

Ladis Well-Known Member

Hehe, I was faster by some hundredths of the second :lol:

12. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Thanks Ladis and Dana
    I found it. I'd like to post a picture. I will work on this.
    I should not be allowed to own a computer since I am so bad at this.
    files I would like to get picture from but avatar puts the whole file iin the window instead of allowing me to designate one specific picture.
    I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. :oops:
    Mam se prividet do rozpaku?
    (Does that mean "should I be embarassed"?)

13. Ladis

Ladis Well-Known Member

Just upload somewhere your e.g. photo and write me to make an avatar from it (cropping, rescaling, saving in a right compression level, ...).

14. superted

superted Well-Known Member

Hmm, it won`t let me add my photo for some reason. I have a 80x80 3kb JPEG, I browse for the file and click submit. It tells me my profile has been updated but when I look at it again nothing has changed. What am I doing wrong :?: :?:

15. phi11ip

phi11ip Well-Known Member

Nothing probably. I've tried several times over the weekend to upload a picture, but like you, nothing happens when I select the picture in the browser.

16. mike_jtw

mike_jtw Well-Known Member

I have also had problems so I eventually gave up in the end

Mike

17. Viktor

Viktor Well-Known Member

Here I was under the impression, that I was the only "idiot" having problems with posting a picture (been trying for over one year, when I had more hair on my head).

The message informs me that the immage is too big!.. I cropped it down to "just my nose ( I do have a large nose, but give me a break)", and still no luck!..

Any guidence or advice?

Viktor

18. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

It worked fine for me, just be sure that your picture is 80x80 pixels and 6KB at maximum (it must be smaller than 6KB)

19. Ladis

Ladis Well-Known Member

I've tried it just now:
    1. click Profile
    2. click Browse in the line titled "Upload photo from your machine:"
    3. select a picture (not bigger than 80x80 pixels and 6 kB; .jpg or .gif)
    4. click Submit
    Easy, and it works :) (I temporally changed my avatar).

20. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi,

I missed some of these later posts. Ladis and gementricxs, thanks for checking to make sure the upload is working. Is anyone still having trouble getting their sized picture (avatar) to upload correctly? If so, please describe what the problem is and we'll try to figure it out.

With regards to the size limitation, we would like to keep the image small, so the pictures do not slow down the loading of a thread. We are happy to resize your photo and add it to your profile if you are not able to get your image down to 6K or below. Just attach your photo to an email and send it along with your username to...support@mcremail.com.