Vésele Vánoce...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GlennInFlorida, Dec 25, 2006.

1. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

A very Merry Christmas to all of you and a heartfelt thanks for the gift of friendship, camaraderie, and insight you have all given me throughout the past year. My world is a bigger, better, and definitely more interesting place thanks to all of you.

Best wishes for you and yours in the New Year, too.
    št'astný nový rok

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to you as well Glenn. I hope it was a good one.

I also want to say Merry Christmas to all that have helped open my world to other Czech's out there.

By the way, the Svařák and Vařonka recipes went over well this Christmas. I don't remember who put the recipe on the site, but I made bottles of Vařonka and Svařák to give as gifts to my friends at work.

Everyone loved them. So once again, thanks for everything guys.

3. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

As Glenn and dzurisovak said, Merry Christmas to all of you out there!!!

Btw, what is that vařonka? I never heard that before. i know svařák, but never heard about vařonka.

4. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

It's under Culture: fall/winter comfort foods?.

All the Czechs I know in the states had never heard of it either. However, someone posted the recipe. I changed it a little because it was too sweat to stomach. I cut the sugar in half and added less vodka. It turned out VERY good.

My Czech teacher loved it and I haven't heard from the other 8 people for whom I made a bottle. I hope they liked it. :wink:

5. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

My change for the varonka was keeping the same amount of sugar and honey, while adding extra lemon. Also, I found that cranberry flavor Smirnoff gives it a nice little kick.
    I hope everyone had a great Christmas :D ! Heres to the New Year :D hoping all your dreams and wishes come true :D .

6. ArieA

ArieA Active Member

Dear Katka.....? I really do hope that's not caused by your varonka...? Nohh, you're too good....!

From Holland I wish you all, abroad and in Czech, a very very Happy New Year and I hope I'll once visit your country and speaking more then five words Czech...!

Thanks for the assistance so far...!

7. ArieA

ArieA Active Member

8. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Jeff and I would like to wish everyone a happy and successful 2007! It's great to see how busy the boards have been this year and how many helpful posts have been made.

Glenn and Jirka, it was really nice to meet you in person this year! We hope to share a few drinks with you and others in '07.

Šťastný nový rok!

Dana

Arie, I fixed your quote. :)

9. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Hope everyone had and are having fun and meaningful holidays.

And a very Happy New year to all.

I have really enjoyed corresponding on these boards this year.
    You have all been a great help.