Christmas in Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2000.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, my friend and myself are thinking of spending Christmas in the Czech Republic. We will be driving from Frankfurt and only have 4 days in total, there and back. Cesky Krumlov sounds nice, but I am unsure of the time it would take to get there. Can anyone come up with any other suggestions for us, that dont mean long hours in the car. Any other info would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks in advance

2. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi Mish,
    Cesky Krumlov would be a great choice to spend Christmas. It is a beautiful, charming town with a lot of atmosphere.
    If you don't want to spend long hours in the car, another good choice would be the "spa triangle" of Karlovy Vary (Karlsbad), Marianske Lazne (Marienbad) and Frantiskovy Lazne. It is a very pretty area and is located right by the border with Germany. You'd cross the border in the city of Cheb.
    Whatever place you choose, have a wonderful time!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dana:
    <B>Hi Mish,
    Cesky Krumlov would be a great choice to spend Christmas. It is a beautiful, charming town with a lot of atmosphere.
    If you don't want to spend long hours in the car, another good choice would be the "spa triangle" of Karlovy Vary (Karlsbad), Marianske Lazne (Marienbad) and Frantiskovy Lazne. It is a very pretty area and is located right by the border with Germany. You'd cross the border in the city of Cheb.
    Whatever place you choose, have a wonderful time!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your info Dana. Do you know about how long it may take us to travel by car from Frankfurt to Cesky Krumlov? This will determine whether we choose to go there or to the spa towns you mentioned...thanks again for your help!

4. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Mish, I'm not sure how many hours it takes to drive from Frankfurt to Cesky Krumlov. I'm guessing that the added time it would take you to get to Krumlov from the spa towns area (where you would probably cross the border anyway) would be about three hours. The total drive from Frankfurt to Krumlov might take about seven hours - but that is just a guess.