Beautiful Slovenia

Post messages related to Central and Eastern European countries other than the Czech Republic.

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, My Czech Republic

Ájík

Postby Ájík » 10-Mar-07 2:31

AZ2SI wrote:Little Slovenia, at the very southern edge of Central Europe, is already fairly well-known in the Czech Republic, but if you have any questions about traveling there, please post them here and I'll do my best to answer them! I'd love to see even more Czech tourists visit my country, which is just a few hours' drive south of the Czech Republic.

I have driven through the Slovenia several times. Very beautiful country! The villages were much cleaner then in Croatia, almost like Austria's.
He was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
geauxboy

Postby geauxboy » 12-Mar-07 15:55

I trained it through Slovakia last year, but didn't get to see the beautiful sights like in your pics. I thought it would be better. I traveled to Prague from Budapest. Most trains don't go through the best parts anyway. Slovakia is next on my list.
wissy

Postby wissy » 12-Mar-07 17:42

geauxboy.

Slovenia is a different country to Slovakia. :oops: It is south of Czech Republic and shares a border with Italy, Croatia, Hungary and Austria.
doman

Postby doman » 12-Mar-07 18:05

Yeah, the capital of Slovenia is Ljubljana, and had gaining independence in 1991 from Ex Youngoslavia. Bratislava belongs to Slovakia. Very easy to get wrong about the names of these countries. I wonder what script they use in Slovenia, is similarity to Czech ?
"Vlk zmrzl, zhltl čtvrthrst zrn."
Doman je doma !
matjaz

Postby matjaz » 13-Mar-07 1:59

geauxboy wrote:I trained it through Slovakia last year, but didn't get to see the beautiful sights like in your pics. I thought it would be better. I traveled to Prague from Budapest. Most trains don't go through the best parts anyway. Slovakia is next on my list.

Slovakia is not the same country as Slovenia!!!

8)
geauxboy

Postby geauxboy » 13-Mar-07 14:38

I know. I showed my girlfriend the pictures last night and she pointed out that glaring fact that this is Slovenia and not Slovakia. DUH! I guess I was seeing Slovakia when it was Slovenia the whole time.

It's actually better that it is Slovenia as my girlfriend is Italian and she comes from the town of Clout which is rather close to the Slovenia border. She is already setting up a Milan/Venice/Ljubljana trip. I will take this thread and plan the Slovenia trip accordingly.

Ooooops! :)
Zeisig

Postby Zeisig » 13-Mar-07 16:23

The English-Slovenian-Slovak Concise Dictionary:

Slovenia Slovenija Slovinsko
Slovakia Slovaška Slovensko

Slovene (language) Slovenščina Slovinčina
Slovak (language) Slovaščina Slovenčina

Male Slovene Slovenec Slovinec
Male Slovak Slovak Slovák

Female Slovene Slovenka Slovinka
Female Slovak Slovakinja Slovenka

Slovenian (adj.) Slovenski Slovinský
Slovak(ian) (adj.) Slovaški Slovenský
doman

Postby doman » 13-Mar-07 17:04

It's dread ! :) Changing two letters, we will move from Slovakia to Slovenia... :D
"Vlk zmrzl, zhltl čtvrthrst zrn."

Doman je doma !
Sova

Postby Sova » 13-Mar-07 18:17

Clear as mud, Zeisig! Maybe there's some logic in having everyone learn Esperanto after all ...
wer

Postby wer » 13-Mar-07 18:35

doman wrote:It's dread ! :) Changing two letters, we will move from Slovakia to Slovenia... :D

And then, changing two letters we can move from Slovenia to Slavonia :twisted:.