Koprivnice

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by Veronika, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Veronika

Veronika Member

I'm looking for someone from Koprivnice. I have got a mail from a one girl , but my husband accidentaly deleted it.

So it there is anyone out there, ....

2. Dasa

Dasa Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Veronika:
    <B>I'm looking for someone from Koprivnice. I have got a mail from a one girl , but my husband accidentaly deleted it.

So it there is anyone out there, .... </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Veronika,

It was I the other day. As I have not heard from you recently I thought you are not interested.
    Anyway, I have just read your email about teaching children two [or 4] languages. It was interesting to hear your opinion, particularly one based on reality. I do not have kids yet, but I think it might be good to start early with languages. I know one couple that does it. Obviously, it is not the easiest way and their boy [3 year old] seems to be behind children of the same age. But there might be another reason for that. I think in his age he can easily catch up before he enters school. I believe knowing two languages will be an advantage later in his live.

I am looking forward to hear from you soon.
    Dasa

P.S: By the way, when do you plan to visit our old country? I was in Koprivnice and Prague last week.

3. Veronika

Veronika Member

Hi Dasa,

I have not been home for a few years now, and I'm not sure when we will go. But hopefuly soon, incha allah.

My son is next month 2 years, I did try to leave the languages for later, but it is hard, cause he can hear us on the phone. My friend told me, there was a study about children with more languages, and it showed, that they were behind in speach.

So you are from Koprivnice? I lived in Stramberska Gotwaldova before. How old are you, never know, we may have some friends we know. How was Koprivnice, everything same?

take care, Veronika

4. Dasa

Dasa Member

Hi Veronika,

Thanks for your response. I am 30 year old [1971] and had lived in K.Capka street, before Fucikova. I attended basic school Pionyrska and later commuted to Novy Jicin where I studied at Gymnasium. I left Koprivnice when I was 18, so therefore I do not have many friends there these days. The town is all the same as usual but a factory Tatra was finally sold to an American company. The first thing they did was getting rid off half of employees. I am not sure what is the deal with government but I do not believe they would continue producing lorries. Perhaps they might for a few years. Then they will probably switch to some components.
    Are your parents employed there? Do you have more information about the factory?

At the moment I can not write more. I have to pack our suitcases. On Friday, we are leaving for Australia. My sister in low is getting married on Saturday 30th in Adelaide.
    I will be back in London on April 9th.
    Have a nice Easter and speak to you soon.
    Regards, Dasa