Beautiful Slovenia

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by AZ2SI, Apr 11, 2005.

1. geauxboy

geauxboy Well-Known Member

.......uuummmmm.......yeah! Something like that. :) All I know is that I have a lot of investigation and studying to do before I hit the border. That way, I'll know which country I'm really in.

2. doman

doman Well-Known Member

Not too bad !
    How long time will you pay for investigation and studying?
    Never enough ! :D
    In my opinion : COME and SEE ! :D

3. geauxboy

geauxboy Well-Known Member

I'm not paying a dime for study or investigation. I already know how to spell Slovenia (now anyway). I have a few trips already in the works this year so it'll have to be next year. In your opinion, I WILL visit as soon as I can. I'm a country boy already, so this will be like home to me. Nice contrast from NYC.

4. doman

doman Well-Known Member

I wish I could do it immediately !
    I am stucking in here and waiting for a trip going out on furlough in despair !
    Slovenia is a ducky and beautyful country ! Everyone knows this. 8)
    If I spoke Czech to Slovenes, would they understand me there :?:

5. Ájík

Ájík Well-Known Member

More no than yes. I was better speaking English there.

6. matjaz

matjaz New Member

7. Ájík

Ájík Well-Known Member

Such an interesting guy. His book called :shock: "the puppit and the dwarf" :shock:

Really complicated person :?

8. matjaz

matjaz New Member

9. bibi

bibi Member

Thank you for those pictures. I visited Slovenia in 1998, and found it to be a wonderful place. I'll never forget eating fresh trout on a patio overlooking Lake Bled.

It was such a contrast to see the country untouched after travelling through the ruins of Croatia. Slovenia was very lucky to have been left out of the major conflicts of that war.

10. Ájík

Ájík Well-Known Member

Yes, the inner Croatia is still marked by the war. I recommend to drive Zagreb - Karlovac - Slunj - Gracac - Knin - Sinj - Makarska - Dubrovnik. This was a strong experience and not so boring like driving on main highway. But watch for the mine fields behind a road :wink:

11. Ájík

Ájík Well-Known Member

Country boy from Manhattan :wink:

So You should also take a trip across Croatia and Czech :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .......... come on, these are small states.

12. AZ2SI

AZ2SI Member

I've anyone is curious what the Slovenian language sounds like, here's the classic Czech cartoon Rákosníček (my favorite cartoon when I was a small kid) dubbed into Slovene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_5IW2dIaBc

13. Ájík

Ájík Well-Known Member

14. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member