Traditional Christmas songs in Czech language

Discussion in 'Culture' started by Tina, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Tina

Tina New Member

Hello everyone!
    I wonder if there are Traditional Christmas songs texts in Czech language, such as:

1. Silent night
    2. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
    3. Joy to the World
    4. The three Kings of Orient are
    5. O, little town of Bethlehem
    6. The first Noel

Thanx for your help.

2. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

Try e.g. this or this

3. Tina

Tina New Member

Thanks. I found only one song - Silent night.

The main problem is if I would find the song, I still can not understand which one I found - I do not know the Czech translations for the songs. So if you know which from songs are the ones I am looking for, can you write the Czech name and the English name as well. :roll:

4. Zik

Zik Well-Known Member

,,Silent night" is really ,,Tichá noc".

I know ,,The First Noël". It's very nice. In Czechoslovakia sang it Karel Gott, but in English. I think nobody translated it. There is no reason... :wink:

5. Tina

Tina New Member

I appreciate your response )) Tnx

6. eso

eso Well-Known Member

7. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

These are great. Do you know any youtube videos of traditional czech Christmas songs?

8. eso

eso Well-Known Member

9. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

10. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

11. Tina

Tina New Member

Dear All,
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
    You helped me a lot!!
    Have a wonderfull and blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

12. eso

eso Well-Known Member

13. ta

ta Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am Czech living in the US and I myself have been trying to get some classic czech Christmas songs. I have a little baby daughter so I think it's time to roll out the "Czech roots" of mine and start educating her... 8)

Also, another Czech Christmas CLASSIC is the "Rybova mse" (Ryba's mass); It is usually sang/listened to by the people on the New Year's Eve - at least that's what my family would used to do. Although it is a music piece written for a catholic mass (I think it was written in 19th century) lot of Czechs -unbelievers - still consider it part of their Christmas and listen to it at home while dressing up the Christmas tree.