Working in Prague

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Florida Linda, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Florida Linda

Florida Linda New Member

Any nurses out there? I am a Registered Nurse from USA and want to know if I can practice nursing in Czech Republic. Is my licensure good there? I have sent this request to several clinics/hospital, to no avail. They do not respond. Perhaps I need to know the correct people to contact regarding this matter. Thanks for any assistance!

2. ondrejana

ondrejana Well-Known Member

Great post indeedy!

I very much want to to move to CZ and see what the average salary there is. I have chatted online (through expats.cz) with 2 Czech nurses, but the information that they offer is not very encouraging, as in the pay is awful and the respect accorded RNs is even less (if you can imagine). I do assume you know that overall, nurses in europe do not have the same status as here.

I have received my MSN just last month, and am considering (possibly) getting a Nurse Practitioner certification. Nice to meet you!

Jana

3. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

Now wait a minute, u wouldnt happen to be my sister would u? She also is a nurse from Fla.!

w/o fluent Czech, u r limited to the VERY few english speaking hospitals here...sorry but they r correct the pay is dirt and most Czech doctors and Nurses r looking to take their skills elsewhere

4. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member