Phorum time

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Alexx, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

What is the real time of phorum, and why?

In the bottom of the site there is information: "All times are GMT + 2 Hours"

But time actually is Prague time + 2 Hours (= Moscow = GMT+3 Hours).

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

2. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

It reflects what you have in your profile set up. You can change it to whatever you want.
    Prague is GMT+1

3. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

OK but in my profile it is GMT+2 and now is 9:00 GMT when I am writting this.

4. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

And I still see 11:58 (time of my previous post) which is 3 hours more.

5. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

I have it set up to GMT+1 and it works as it should.

6. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing out the problem. The time was not showing up correctly for me either. I thought it might have to do with the server system time, but I did not end up changing it. In any case, the time is now showing correctly for me.

It is working for gementricxs, so DjAvatar, let me know if it is now showing correctly for you. For others, you can see if the time is right by looking at the time at the top left side of the Forum Index page where it says "It is now ..." and then looking at the bottom right of the page where is says "All times are ...". It will read "GMT", "GMT +" a number or "GMT -" a number.

The time zone for these message boards defaults to GMT. You can change the time zone in your profile under Preferences - Timezone.

7. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Yes, it is OK now.