NHL in Prague

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Alexx, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

2. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

yes,yes - I'm glad it is finally official - have heard the rumors for a while and have been planning my trip accordingly. will surely be there for the game. I have 6 to 10 people who want to make the trip with me - some of them have been to Prague before but most of them are relying on my stories about Prague and want to join in the fun. Will probably buy plane tickets shortly. The Lightning aren't doing so well this year but, you never know. Anyway, am really excited about seeing them play in Sazka Arena (a wonderful venue) - maybe a bunch of us can get together for the game. :D

3. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Do you know the dates? We were at Saska last night for the Slavia-Pardubice match and there was something about it in the programme but it didn't have dates.

It did, however, have the ticket prices. I can't remember what they were but I seem to remember that they were at least ten times the price of a local game. At that rate, they'll have to depend on the likes of Glenn and his friends to fill the stadium because the good folk of Prague won't be able to afford to go!

We will certainly have to meet up at Saska, Glenn - it'd be surreal, like a parallel universe!

4. GlennInFlorida

The games will be on October 4 and 5 (a Saturday and Sunday) - don't know what the prices will be (can't find any listed on Sazka Arena site) but imagine they will be high compared to regular local prices. I have seen Slavia hockey at Sazka and Sparta hockey at T-Mobile - enjoyed them both very much.

I'm starting to stuff my "piggy bank" now to afford the trip and the game. :)

5. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I read somewhere prices will be similar as Hockey World Championship final match in Sazka Arena.

6. Petr_B

Petr_B Well-Known Member

From this article:
    = "The cheapest tickets should cost 600 CZK and the most expensive ones 6,000 CZK." (1 USD = ~18 CZK atm).
    As far as I know, the price isn't official yet though.

7. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

6000kc :shock:

8. jeffster

jeffster Member

Anyone know the face off times ?

I will be in Pardubice that weekend, for the annual Golden Helmet / Zlata Prilba Speedway meetings, and its the 60th Anniversary this year, so instead of just the Under 21 and Senior Golden Helmets, there will also be the World Under 21 championship Fina spread over three days of racingl...

I am looking at the feasibility of getting from Pardubice to Prague on the train, and then to Sazka on the metro, but no doubt it will be tight...

Jeff

9. Allyna

Allyna Member

Any idea when and where the tickets will go on sale? I don't want to miss this!

10. jeffster

jeffster Member

Allyna,

Tickets will go on sale in March or April, according to this link :

http://www.radio.cz/en/article/100108

Also, having checked the Sazka Arena website (http://www.sazkaarena.cz), I notice that on 1st March 2008, it will become the O2 arena, Telefonica O2 having acquired the naming rights for five years

11. Allyna

Allyna Member

Thanks. I just don't want to miss it, the games in Sweden sold out pretty quickly, I hear.

If anyone finds out when they're going on sale, please share it here, thank you!

12. Petr_B

Petr_B Well-Known Member

According to e.g. this article (in Czech), advance booking is supposed to start on April 10th (and end around April 20th) exclusively via Sazka terminals. Ticket price will range from 1,990 to 7,900 CZK.

13. Allyna

Allyna Member

Thanks, Petr_B. Wow, that's expensive. I know the NHL probably doesn't set the price, but it makes you wonder why they go to the trouble of playing these games in Europe to increase exposure of the game when the average person there won't be able to afford a ticket. :roll:

Does "exclusively via Sazka terminals" mean directly from the arena? I won't be able to pull that one off. Do you think there will be a way to buy online or am I likely to have to go through some kind of ticket agency?

Thanks for all the info!

14. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Sazka is betting company. http://www.sazka.cz/index-en.html

They have plenty of terminals everywhere, usually in newsstands.

15. Allyna

Allyna Member

Ah, my bad, thanks.

16. Petr_B

Petr_B Well-Known Member

17. GlennInFlorida

I have signed up for ticket information as it becomes available with the Tampa Bay Lightning site. Their form has a space for "Country" so perhaps they will be available on-line for anyone. I agree, the prices are high - disappointed in that :(

18. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

7900kc?? :roll:

19. GlennInFlorida

Not only that but, the flight to Prague from here (Tampa) has gone nuts too. I usually bracket a 12 day Thursday/Tuesday trip. Because my return leg (Tuesday) is a prime time departure back to the states after the Saturday/Sunday hockey games, the round trip price is $3.358 on Delta (using the same flights I have taken before). If I leave one day earlier and return one day later (two extra days in Prague, I sure don't mind) the price is only $962. Go figure. I can still book the original dates on Orbitz for a lower fare (they pre-buy blocks of seats) but I have some Skymiles I would like to use on Delta (will save me about $500). Looks like someone is trying to make a bundle on this deal :x .

20. Allyna

Allyna Member

Yeah, those ticket prices are almost criminal. I'm really going to have to think about it. If I was living in Europe for years with no chance to see NHL games live, that'd be different, but I'm probably going back to Canada in October. I wanted to go because I loved Prague and I've never seen the Rangers play (missed them in Edmonton this season, being here) but heck, if it gets too expensive I can stop in New York on the way home and see them there! We'll see.