...A BUDE HUR / It's Gonna Get Worse...

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by Yvan, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Yvan

Yvan Well-Known Member

Showing with the ENGLISH subtitles at KINO SVETOZOR at the centre of Prague :
    http://www.kinosvetozor.cz/en/program/filmy/1653/It-Gonna-Get-Worse/

A bold, raw, uproarious portrait of youth adrift in 1970s Czechoslovakia. Based upon a legendary and banned cult novel which was distributed only in photocopied form, It's Gonna Get Worse is an underground conspiracy film, with characters whose lives centre on music, drinking and dodging the military draft in the communist regime. Beautifully shot on 16mm, peopled with hugely engaging characters, this true rebel movie is an expansive, provocative, touching account of life on the edge.
    Non-actors are used to give the film a gritty, realistic feel.
    The soundtrack features music by underground groups the Plastic People of the Universe and DG 307; several group members also appear in minor parts.

"It's an artful testimony of a life significantly more difficult than all the Kerouacs, Ginsbergs, Borroughses and Bukowskis could have even imagined."

The video TRAILER at YouTube :
    <link deleted by moderator>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0495264/

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could edit your post to include a warning of the graphic content of the youtube video, before the link. I wanted to watch the link before reading your paragraph so I would know what you are talking about. However, I clicked on it at work during lunch and after a few seconds quickly shut it off. I could get called into the Director's office for such internet use. :shock: :)

Not to mention that I personally wouldn't watch that even at home.

3. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

At least you have access to it - in my office we have "Websense", a program that blocks nearly everything :(

4. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Including www.myczechrepublic.com?

5. dzurisova

Actually our internet use usually blocks stuff like that as well, but it didn't block this. Also, I thought youtube had this block/warning where one must register and sign in view sexual explicit content. :?

6. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Thanks god I am the one, in company I am working for, responsible for such stuff like internet blocking :). However I am very liberal, I do not block it at all (OK, just a little - noone complains).

7. doman

doman Well-Known Member

Hi Katko ! I thought what you've seen in a click is all of a sexual scene ! That's why youtube didn't block it. 8) It's too short to block, :lol: , but the words in movie are really vulgar. A very truthful movie about a angle of life in CSSR.

I am back from middle of nowhere, from kde davaji lisky dobrou noc :D How are you, Buddies ?

8. dzurisova

Ahoj Domanh,

nice to see you back! welcome :)

9. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

luckily, no - somehow it escapes!

Hi Doman!

10. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Doman je doma!
    Vítáme tě zpět, sem patříš.