NHL in Prague

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Alexx, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

The ticket prices are so outrageous that we've decided on principal not to go. I don't know any of my Czech friends who could afford to so we're not going in solidarity. When I think of the Slavia FanKlub members who are there for every Slavia match, banging those drums...

Incidentally, we're looking forward to the semi-finals of the O2 Extra Liga but Liberec will be a bit harder to beat than Trinec.

2. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

I'd much rather watch my local ice hockey team for 50kc than pay hundreds or thousands of krowns for a NHL game. Local hockey is a far better value... :)

3. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

I've seen both Sparta and Slavia play in their home stadiums as well as Tampa Bay here several times. I can tell you I enjoyed both Sparta and Slavia games much more :D

4. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

I read in the paper at the weekend that Jagr is thinking of moving back to Omsk. I would have thought that a lot of the attraction of the NY Rangers coming here was the prospect of Jagr playing in Prague. If he does move, that will mess the plans up a bit, won't it?