Only in America

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GlennInFlorida, Mar 11, 2008.

1. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

for your enjoyment

[​IMG]

2. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

Man, that is what I need to get up there! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Wow, that's great picture :D

4. GlennInFlorida

and people wonder why so many of us over here (including me) are so "round" (I am loathe to use the "f" word). :wink:

5. Yerusalyim

Yerusalyim Well-Known Member

I'm in VERY GOOD shape....after all, round is a shape.

6. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

Wow, Glenn, that is a GREAT photo. Too hilarious! I have to chuckle, also, at the people who go to my gym who drive around looking for a place to park that's near the door. :D

7. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Oh, that fits the European notion of America. :twisted: :p :twisted:

I still have some confidence in the New Continent and hope the escalators are from pre-fitness era. :wink:

8. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hehe, I remember seeing that picture somewhere a while back and thinking how unbelievable! But then Jeff had a thought that the place must not have always been a 24 Hour Fitness. It's very likely that the space was previously occupied by some stores or a service and the escalators had been put in for shoppers. (As if people couldn't climb 15 stairs - the previous tenant had better been a retirement home!) Needless to say, those guys in the picture are still using the escalator... They probably want to get to their treadmill as fast as possible. :)

9. GlennInFlorida

Yes, it's an old photo that has been circulating for a while. I imagine the fitness center is in a "strip mall" and there are several other businesses adjacent to it. It may even have bi-level access but, it is still funny. :)

10. Yerusalyim

Yerusalyim Well-Known Member

My wife attributes America's ROUNDNESS to not taking the large meal of the day at Lunch and eating lighter in the evening.

11. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

I agree, also we are a stagnant people who only get exercise when we are actually trying to by setting time aside to "exercise".

Also, we are a late people, meaning for most of us, the day starts and ends late such as 8-5. With long commutes (driving far) we don't get home until after 6 and don't eat until 7 or 8. Eating after 6 pm adds to weight gain, not to mention, like Yerusalyim stated, it's our largest meal of the day.

12. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

What a funny pic; thanks!

13. GlennInFlorida

along the same line....

Michaelangelo's statue of David has just returned to Italy after a successful 12 week, 20 city tour of the United States

[​IMG]

14. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Too many krispy kreme donuts a frapucinos. :lol:

15. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

Now that's priceless! :lol:

16. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Uff, few more cities and and couple of weeks, and old man David would be DEAD. You guys totally supersized him.

:D :wink: :D

17. GlennInFlorida

and, unfortunately, ourselves too :shock: