New Baby

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by CHARM, May 1, 2008.

1. CHARM

CHARM New Member

My TA at work is pregnant here in the USA and she's from Czechoslovakia...I'm not really sure what to get her and the baby...not sure of her culture was hoping to get help of what to get her...baby book? She says that they're not like us as of themes for the child so was wondering of what to give her...guess something simple????

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

3. Wicker808

Wicker808 Well-Known Member

The shirt says:

MADE IN AMERICA
    WITH CZECH PART'S

I guess it's never too early to start teaching your child to use the apostrophe incorrectly.

Excuse my pedantry.

4. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

I like that! Too bad they didn't have shirts like that when my kids were little.

5. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

:lol: I didn't even notice that. Good call!

6. jen

jen Well-Known Member

Do a search on the Cafe Press site....there's a ton of cute shirts with related themes....

7. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

Promiňte, zabloudil jsem. This is a dumb question, what is (TA) at work? I have an idea, but not a clear one.

I like the T-shirt, that is realy dobrě :wink: :wink:

8. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH! Apostrophe abuse!
    :x :evil: :x

Okay, I'm over that now. (Sort of.)

Where I work (at a university) a TA is a teaching assistant, typically a graduate student who teaches an undergraduate course, supervises science labs, or otherwise helps out a professor with teaching-type duties.

Susan

9. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

Teachers Assistant---(TA) Děkuji vím teď, I never even thought of that. :roll: :roll:

10. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Ïn essence, being a TA is the US analog to sweatshops (long hours, little pay, no benefits). :)

11. Ark1tec

Ark1tec Well-Known Member

Are you sure it doesn't mean tommorows apostrophe

12. Ktot

Ktot Well-Known Member

In some ways that is true. :lol:

But without TAships this "American sweat-shop laborer" wouldn't be able to go to graduate school (what with the residual thousands of dollars in debt from undergrad)... so let's just say I'm grateful.

...Wait, maybe that's why college costs so much to begin with...it's all a part of a giant conspiracy to warp our minds into actually being grateful for forced labor. :lol:

13. Suniskys

Suniskys Active Member

I love that, except for the error of course...oh, and I would need Made in Canada.