IBM, Brno

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by Dimich, Nov 18, 2005.

1. gizmo11x

gizmo11x New Member

Hi everybody
    i would also like some info from someone who already works there, I was offered a help desk job. If anyone can provide with some info I would appreciate it very much.
    mail: gizmo11x@yahoo.com
    YM: gizmo11x
    thx

2. sacman

sacman Member

I work for IBM in Brno.

Costs of living: Hard to say. I am single. I've seen rent start around 8000 CZK per month and go up to 20,000 CZK per month.

I find the food costs are very reasonable. ANd IBM provides food vounchers that you can use just about anywhere.

As for career opportunities, we have many employees that started out at entry level and are now managers managing 30 people. You simply need to give IBM a chance to recognize your skills so you get promoted. Don't quit after 6 months because you didn't get promoted, that is not enough time. You will get evaluated annually and each time you set your goals for the year with your manager.

3. sacman

sacman Member

Regarding laptops, this depends on the client you support.

I live by the train station. Rents can be anywhere between 8000 CZK to 20,000 CZK.

Good luck

4. mrvvenkat

mrvvenkat New Member

Hi there
    What will be the average salary standards in Brno
    How much do i need to earn to have a decent life over there?....
    Could you please reply me
    I was offered aroun 35K CZ money

will that make any sense?...can i save some peanuts for my home?...

Cheers,
    Venkat

5. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

35000czk a month is a very decent pay, czech average is some 20000 but most of the population earn even less. you should get by easily.

6. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I guess 35 000 CZK is good salary for possition of HelpDesk. It depends on your qualities, skills, but what I heard, HelpDesk is not well paid here.

7. mrvvenkat

mrvvenkat New Member

Hey i am not comming for the Help Desk Post, I am planning to joing as Windows Server Analyst, Which is hard core system administrator
    Not sure if i could do some more over time jobs to save a good sum of money
    Since my home ground is India and i am earning nearly 70,000 INR, which is euqual to 35,000 CZ money and i dont find any good reason to move to CZ unless i have benifit on it
    More over i am with my family now and i had to leave them and gaining no peanuts is the pain for me
    So please suggest???//////

8. nipesh

nipesh New Member

Hi, Frds

Recently i was offerd by IBM Brno i would also like some info from someone who already works there, How is IBM Brno work enviroment.. ? what will be normal cost of living for single person.. ?? Is there any chances to grow career.. ?? Is english survival for Local Market.. ?? Is indians are working in IBM, Brno.. ?? It would great help if i get some details info about my post..

Thanks in Advance
    Nipesh

9. sacman

sacman Member

Here is a YouTube video on life at IBM Brno.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OStdXQI_76s

Yes, there are several Indian's working at the IBM IDC. IBM offers lots of career opportunities, the trick is to give the company at least a year to recognize your skills and then doors will open if you have the talent.

10. sacman

sacman Member

11. partha_acharya

partha_acharya New Member

Hi,

I have been offered from IBM 910 EUP natto salary for the postion of Network Security Administrator. Is this amount ok for Brno? Please suggest...

12. funkyhunk

funkyhunk Member

IBM GSDC BRNO CZECH REPUBLIC IS ONE OF THE WORST EMPLOYER....!! ( TRUE FACT )

SO THINK TWICE TO ACCEPT AN OFFER FROM IBM.....BETTER TO BE ON MANPOWER OR NATEK'S PAYROLL.

MANY REASONS FOR THE ABOVE STATEMENT :-

1. RELOCATION ALLOWANCE PROBLEM.
    2. DON'T PROVIDE ANY ACCOMODATION.
    3. DON'T CARE ABOUT VISA OF THEIR EMPLOYEES.
    4. ENTIRE HR IS PATHETIC.
    5. IBS AGENCY IS FULL OF a**holes. GOOD EXPOSURE IN VISA REJECTIONS.
    6. DON'T ALLOW FOR SECOND LONG VISA.
    7. CAN FIRE YOU WHENEVER THEY WANT....WITHOUT ANY REASON.

AND MANY MORE REASONS........... )

IF ANY ONE KNOW ANY OTHER REASONS JUST FEEL FREE TO SHARE IT......... )

BRNO IS REALLY DAM GOOD CITY.......AWAY FROM POPULATION, POLLUTION.

NICE PUBS, FRIENDLY PEOPLE, B'FUL GIRLS, ......PERFECT CITY . )

13. romeo821

romeo821 New Member

Hello,

I got an offer from IBM and I wanna know if it is easy to get internet in Brno...especially a mobile one or a Wifi one ...And the costs for a decent connection...

With a Work Permit in Czech will I be able to visit Europe or will I need to have another visa say... to go to Spain for example ?

I'd also like to know the average rent for a condomium and the average money you'd have to spend to live decently...

Thanks in advance

14. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a dam in Brno ;-)

15. zadiraines

zadiraines New Member

Hi guys! Could anyone help me? Does anyone know people working in Acision or Red Hat in Brno? Which is better and why? Thank you alot...

16. okwadi

okwadi New Member

Can somone tell what hapned after the first call interview with ibm, for french helpdesk position and i'm accepted ? plz help friends.

17. okwadi

okwadi New Member

NO ONE CAN HELP ???????? :!: :!: :!:

18. jm_greggy

jm_greggy Member

Hi.
    So what happened on your application? Have they called you yet?

19. jm_greggy

jm_greggy Member

HI everyone!!

Is there anyone here who works in IBM?
    I have been accepted and will start working there by December or January. Is there anyone who can welcome me before I get to Brno?

Thanks! :D

20. Daniel77

Daniel77 New Member

Hi there,

I'm arriving there in January, but still trying to rent a flat.

If anyone is interested, maybe it would be easier to rent a bigger house.

Well, I'll arrive there in a couple of weeks, so if you need to be welcome, just write me back (jdsanchezm@hotmail.com) :)

See u soon,
    Daniel