Buying train tickets from Prague to Stuttgart

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by nkavitha, May 23, 2008.

1. nkavitha

nkavitha New Member

Hi! I'll be in Prague for about 1 week this summer. I have checked IDOS for train timetable etc but can't seem to go past that to get the ticket prices and to actually buy it online. :( Can someone help me out here?
    TQ!

2. Yvan

Yvan Well-Known Member

3. nkavitha

nkavitha New Member

TQ for the prompt reply. I was also looking at the Deutsch Bahn website to get the prices and timetable. The prices are comparable. I was wondering if the group discount will apply if there are 3 of us travelling the same route.

4. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

I could be mistaken but I seem to recall that you can get "group" rates from Prague if there are at least two in your party - you have to ask for it though. Buying tickets in Prague is very easy and, if you want some peace of mind, just buy the tickets the day before. Took a train to Bratislava, paid a little extra for first class and my friend and I had nearly a whole car to ourselves.

Enjoy your trip!

5. Yvan

Yvan Well-Known Member

For the buying train tickets at the Prague main railway station I always use WESTEELS.
    http://www.wasteels.cz
    The prices are the same as at direct from Czech railway.
    They are very helpful and good in finding the best possibility.
    The are situated at the Prague Main Railway Station (Praha Hlavni nadrazi) at the 1.floor.

6. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

This is how "group" tickets" works here:

1st person in a group (OK this is not really a group) - normal price
    2nd-30th person in a group - 50% of normal price

So three people pay 100% + 50% + 50% - if normal price is CZK 100, group of three people pay CZK 200, group of 10 people pay CZK 550.

If there is more than 30 people in the group (which usually is not), they have to create two groups.

7. nkavitha

nkavitha New Member

Thank you all for your replies. I've decided to take my chances and buy the tickets the moment i arrive in Prague. I'm looking forward to a great time there. Any suggestions on places not to be missed? We are also foodies - any suggestions on what should be tried would be most appreciated.