Czech tutor/teacher needed in Raleigh, NC

Discussion in 'Language Exchange & Czech Classes' started by MichaelM, Jun 4, 2007.

1. MichaelM

MichaelM Well-Known Member

I would dearly like to learn this language. I've been self-teaching for 10 months but need to hear the spoken word (and attempt to speak it). CD's and grammer books can only go so far. If anyone knows of any interested tutors (or any Czech students who need a little pocket money), let me know. Thanks.

2. Jitka Edel Vankova

Jitka Edel Vankova New Member

Dear Michael,
    I am Czech native, curently living in Charlotte, NC. I would love to help you study Czech, but I don't live in Raleigh. I understand, that CD's and books are a good start but won't take you too far.
    I was wondering if you would try to put together a couple of other students, or be willing to take 5 lessons in a same day (or drive to Charlotte) so this will pay for my time. I would teach for gas money plus $20/60 min. (5 hours minimum per day in Raleigh) OR (I can teach in Charlotte, $20/60 minutes, no day minimum).

Back in Czech Republic I tought English and shortly after I moved here I was preparing an american girl for her employment in Czech Republic, she's still there (I can get her references if needed).

I will understand if the distance is a problem.

Take care of yourself and please let me know soon.

Jitka
    Preji hodne stesti se studiem cestiny. Je to jazyk tezky ale krasny!