Czech Keyboard (Everyone Can Now Type In Czech!)

Discussion in 'Grammar & Pronunciation' started by KiwiCroat, Apr 20, 2008.

1. KiwiCroat

KiwiCroat Member

If anyone would like to type in Czech but cannot because of keyboard restrictions, then go here:

http://czech.typeit.org/

It will help your learning tremendously if you're typing using the correct letters. You can use CTRL+letter or ALT+CTRL+letter to get the correct Czech letters (rather than just use the buttons on the site... it's far too slow if you do it the button way).

Na shledanou
    Fred

2. Ktot

Ktot Well-Known Member

That's awesome! Thanks so much for sharing. :D

3. McCracken

McCracken Well-Known Member

4. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

Thank you!

5. DanielZ

DanielZ Well-Known Member

...or... you could get a Mac... and begin typing Czech within minutes...

Dan :lol:

6. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

pfff... Oh yeah! Well it took me less than 1/2 minute to get the Czech keyboard set up on my PC. :p :lol:

7. DanielZ

...and I was speaking figuratively... not literally... :p

Dan

8. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Sure, but how long did it take you on your Mac to learn how to type in Czech? :wink: :p :lol:

9. DanielZ

The only time used was in going to the Keyboard Layout and selecting/adding Czech, and then selecting the Czech keyboard.

Once that was done I began typing in Czech straight off.

I had found a Czech Keyboard map online, so I knew where all the characters are.

Dan

10. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

oh please, let's not start that OS/platform/architecture war again, there's too many of them all around the internet:)

11. McCracken

Perhaps someone could help me with this related problem:

OK, I can type Czech characters into a Word document (or cheat and use a website to do it for me!). I don't seem to be able to type them into an online email service and if I cut and paste Czech text from Word into an email, the text becomes corrupted when sent - it is the same when I receive Czech characters in an email, the text is corrupt.

Are there any technological wizards out there who could suggest a solution?

12. eso

eso Well-Known Member

For start tell us name of the email service.
    Most todays web email providers should support multi language emails, but there allways could be exceptions.

13. McCracken

It's btinternet (btyahoo?). Does that help?

14. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Maybe this solution will help you:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... rRx&show=7

If not, it's possible that btinternet doesn't support Czech character set (I saw it on US webs before)

In that case I suggest Google's www.gmail.com which is free, with 7GB of free space per account and I'm sure it supports Czech alphabet (and everyone's else too)

15. McCracken

It doesn't look like the btyahoo browser has the ability to change the character encoding but thanks for the help anyway.

16. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

It was a joke, fabik317, purely tongue-in-cheek. Don't read anything into it.