Do Czechs want to buy Levi's and old navy???

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by kitty46, Jan 29, 2008.

1. kitty46

kitty46 Well-Known Member

Hello
    My friend in the US said she saw a television show that said Czechs want to buy Levi jeans and jean jackets and also Old Navy jeans. We are going to be in Prague in April and going to the Kolbenova flea market. If this is true, she will bring some to sell. The tv show also said you can sell them on the street. Does anyone in Prague know if this is true?
    Thank you

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

You need license to sell goods with one exception. If you are selling your personal and used things, then you don't need any.

Of course, bigger amount of goods imported to EU is subject of import duty.

3. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Can I ask you what show was it?

4. gementricxs

I don't think that's true nowadays, you can buy Levi's everywhere. It's probably more expensive than in the US, but I don't think there's need for reselling it here.

5. kitty46

Thank you all.....we weren't thinking of huge quantities. She can't remember the name of the show but it was a 2007 show on one of the travel channels here in the US. It is funny how rumors come about. We are not talking about new jeans, but used, as being desirable and people will paying big money for them.

6. eso

eso Well-Known Member

I don't know if they will pay "big money" for used jeans, if they can buy new from Levi Strauss & Co. Prague, but everything is possible :)

7. gementricxs

Well let me know if remembers, it might be interesting to watch.

8. kitkit

kitkit Member

I'd like to see that show too. There are some second hand shops in the city. You can buy Levis here, there are Levis stores everywhere. They're not that expensive compares to Diesel, Replay and other brands.

Maybe you can bring some Abercrombie & Fitch over :lol: You definitely can't find them here (maybe they're sold in those second hand shops?).

9. kitty46

I will definitely look for Abercrombie and Fitch at thrift stores and rummage sales. They are very very expensive here and my circle of friends won't pay that much. :roll: On the other hand, we have never heard of Diesel or Replay. I had already planned on doing some shopping while there. If I ever see again or find out the name of the show, I will definitely let you all know.

10. magan

magan Well-Known Member

You are about 20 years late with idea of selling jeans to Czechs. There are lots of them in the stores + in second-hand stores.

Makes you wonder where those travel "experts"are getting their information and then feeding it to others. Don't believe anything anybody says, before you check it our on MyCzechRepublic :lol:

I will miss you in Prague this time, have fun! :D

11. kitty46

I am here now and it is very cold : :

12. magan

magan Well-Known Member

WHY?? Did you sell your jeans??? :lol:

13. kitty46

ur funny! tomorrow we go toKrumlov on new Student Agency bus.

14. Ark1tec

Ark1tec Well-Known Member

Hey come on everyone knows it is all a matter of economics. Go to Camden market in london and you know somebody will be selling second hand Levi's. Yeah it may seem a bit old hat but the fashion for Eighties style is all the rage at the moment with teenage kids and if I remember rightly the fashion for selling ripped Levi's with patches sewn to the back of the frayed openings particuarly acid coloured paisley prints were late eighties. So really this galis ahead of her time. I'm sure it's worth a GO!

15. Ark1tec

Ark1tec Well-Known Member

Someone from minnesotta complaining about the cold my ears must be deceiving me. Are you deceiving me?