CZECH & Neighbouring countries.

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by Ark1tec, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Ark1tec

Ark1tec Well-Known Member

Soon I am going to visit the CR. Useing Prague as a base I plan to visit the neighbouring countries; Poland, Austria, Hungary and Germany.
    Does anyone have some good tips about travel or know of safe, clean & cheap places to stay or websites like this one.
    I am interested in architecture any suggestions of good buildings to visit, starting with Praha.

2. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

The best way to travel to Vienna and Bratislava from Prague is SuperCity train, just four or five hours, almost new trains and very clean. EuroCity (or EuroNight) trains are good as well. From Prague, Dresden is close and worth to visit, in Poland Krakow is probably the most atractive city, but it is furthest of all I mentioned.

3. petri

petri Well-Known Member

4. Ark1tec

I will definitely be visiting Krakow as my grandfather was born there. I would like to visit Vienna to see seccesionist buildings and the ringstrasse.
    I would also like to visit Budapest.
    Do sleeper trains run from Prague?

5. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

There is sleeper train from Prague to Budapest, running after midnight from Prague, about 8:30 am in Budapest.

6. Ark1tec

Thanks theat sounds ideal.

7. Ark1tec

Thanks that sounds ideal.

8. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

When you're on your way to/from Cracow, be sure to get to see Auschwitz (some 50 kilometers west IIRC) - a somewhat haunting yet very impressive experience.

9. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

That ought to be a great trip Ark1tek.
    There would be so many interesting places to visit.
    It would be hard to choose.
    Good for you for being able to do it..