Any hockey during Christmas?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Stephanie27, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Stephanie27

Stephanie27 Member

Hi there,

My husband and I will be in Prague from Dec 24-27 and we were hoping that we might catch a hockey game.

Any one know if the schedules have been published yet or if the profesional teams even play that time of year?

Also where might we buy jerseys from the Prague teams or the national team?

All help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Stephanie

2. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

O2 Extraliga:
    34.kolo Pátek 26.12.08
    236 HC Sparta Praha HC Moeller Pardubice 17:30

3. Stephanie27

Stephanie27 Member

Thank you so much! You are just awesome. :)

So we need to purchase tickets in advance or can we just get them at the rink on the day of the game?

We are so excited!!!!!!

Stephanie

4. Karel_lerak

Ususally the tickets are available on the day of match, too, but you can't be sure. It depends also if the team is doing well etc. 8)

5. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

take a look at O2Arena.cz - you may be able to buy tickets online there.
    I have seen hockey games at that venue - great place and right at a Metro stop!

6. Stephanie27

Stephanie27 Member

Awesome - thanks!

We are going to buy tickets once we get there. The arena looks very nice. Should be a fun game!

I heard that we need to ask for tickets on the home side, not the vistors side...does that really matter? Lol.

Thanks again,
    Stephanie

7. GlennInFlorida

ummm...

just noticed it is Sparta vs. Pardubice - how come they are playing at O2 Arena? Thought that was Slavia's home turf. Is the old T-Mobile stadium being worked on?

8. Karel_lerak

Glenn, you probably confused the official name of the hockey league ("O2 extraliga") with the place. I suppose the match will take place in the former T-mobile arena (the new name is "Arena HC Sparta Praha"), but haven't found it exactly.

9. GlennInFlorida

Oh I see...
    well, the old arena is a different animal altogether but it is a lot of fun - just a bit "rustic" :wink:

10. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Good old Glenn! As polite as ever!

11. GlennInFlorida

Hi Gina,
    Guess you got you computer fixed - had to replace mine, too (well, actually I fixed it, gave it to a friend and bought a new laptop for myself). The Sparta Arena only had one thing that I wasn't real fond of - those spring loaded bench seats that slam up if everyone stands up at the same time. Bam! :shock:

12. Stephanie27

Stephanie27 Member

My thanks again for the info. We are researching the game and still unsure what rink it is at as well. Any help is appreciated as our Czech is pretty non existent but we are figuring some things out.

Only 158 more days!

13. Stephanie27

Stephanie27 Member

Sorry! Just realized that was a link in the post! Thanks!!!

:)

14. Polednikova

And you've probably found this one - HC Sparta's website, which should tell you how to get tickets. http://www.hcsparta.cz/english.asp lthough I can't think that you can't just turn up, even on the day after Christmas.

15. Polednikova

It's good to be back! The laptop is now fully operational and we're back from Budapest and the UK. Budapest was lovely, the UK less so but more about that later.