Johnny Cash - Were You There ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Animal, Mar 18, 2008.

1. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

2. The Animal

Were you there when the stone was rolled away?

Well, he was not there, he rose to Heaven.

The 2nd lady from the left has a real pretty voice. Johnny has a good deep voice. RIP. Mr. Cash, God Bless!

3. polskacindy

polskacindy Member

thanks for posting this - i really like johnny cash - and i have never seen this one. he had some great music and will be missed.

4. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Walk the Line was a great movie and I saw that they have it dubbed in Česky.

5. The Animal

To, polskacindy,
    You are welcome.

To dzurisova,
    I did not know of the movie in Cěsky. Jsem sure it was dobrě!

Johny has way too many good songs to lists. But here is another good song of his before he went to heaven. I love it also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ ... re=related
    Name of it is HURT. It has alot of meaning to it.

I worked on Johny's coach about 10 years ago. People asked me if it was a privelage. I replied no, because it is a coach hard to work on. We ended up pulling the engine out to fix oil leaks. Unfortunuly he was not with his bus. The work order was opened up as the HOUSE OF CASH. They gave pictures out. Then one time Johny's bus was in there at the same time ZZ Top had theirs there.

RIP Mr. Cash!

6. The Animal

7. polskacindy

polskacindy Member

I take it your a big Johnny Cash fan ... I am a big "Cash" fan but it happens to be his daughter Rosanne Cash, I just love her and her dad sings on a lot of her songs. Try listening to her sometimes, just super. They sang a beautiful song together right before he died. I will get the name of the song if you are interested.

Have a great day.

8. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Johnny is my father’s favourite singer. We still have tons of his tapes smuggled from Poland.

He is one of the rare American singers (Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Suzi Quatro...) who concerted here behind the Iron Curtain. His quote “I’ve been in prison too” aimed at the communist riot police in the concert hall is legendary.

9. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Interesting story Wer.

10. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Very interesting story Wer. I don't recall that from Walk the Line. Obviously, they can't put his entire life into one movie, but it's a shame they left that out.

11. The Animal

Dear, polskacindy
    Please post the vidio that you are referring to. Děkuji :wink: